276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Berghaus Air 800/8.1/8 Tent Footprint with Steel Pegs and Carry Bag, Prolongs the Life of your Tent, Groundsheet Protector, Tent Accessories, Camping Equipment

£27.475£54.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

After having a Vango Monte Verde 900, which was a fantastic, huge tent, I decided to change it as the tent was impossible for just one or two people to put up (I'm a single parent) and weighed a ton. This was the first time putting up the tent (in the rain) and it took us around 30 minutes to put up the main tent and porch. It took us a bit longer as a few rookie errors were made along the way. Mostly with the porch. Getting it to lean into the tent correctly so no rain got in was a challenge. We did the best we could but properly remedied this the next day when the rain had stopped by pulling it over the main tent a little tighter with the guide ropes. The blue colour with yellow stripes takes some getting used to, but after a while it becomes likable. We have just bought and tested this weekend the Berghaus Air 8 Inflatable tent and the matching porch.

It was a replacement for a Vango Samara which was a good tent, but for some reason, it suffered from the wind and sometimes badly. I considered the Airgo Cirrus 6 and Nimbus 8 and a few offerings from Vango. I finally decided purely on price and the Berghaus name on the Air 8. One of my main concerns was how to repair Berghaus tent if we had a puncture. We didn’t have any during our 3-week camping trip, pitched on a variety of terrain, but the tent comes with a repair kit, just in case. Are there any downsides? It occurred to me that I should have recorded a stop motion video of us showing how to put up the Berghaus air 8, instead of arsing around and pretending that I had magic powers to summon the inflation on my video (see below)…it’s on my to do list! But basically, it’s very simple. The tent sleeps families or groups of up to 8 people and has 4-berth bedrooms at each end, with living space in the middle. It feels really spacious and you can stand up easily throughout.If you’re after a slightly smaller tent, there are Berghaus Air 4 and Berghaus Air 6.1 versions available. Fully waterproof – 70 Denier flysheet with 6000mm Hydrostatic Head and fully taped seamed with a rain hood above the door to keep you and your belongings dry. I’ll admit I wasn’t entirely convinced by inflatable tents before our 3-week family camping trip to France and Spain. Running through my mind were endless questions – how do they work? What is an air tent?! How do you decided if you want a Berghaus Air 8, or some other tent? Surely poles are just as easy (and cheaper)? Are Berghaus tents any good?What if it gets punctured – won’t that be a faff to fix? Some might say I’m an overthinker, but if you’re investing in a tent that’s going to stand the test of family holidays, then it’s worth getting it right.

The tents are essentially the same (same footprint etc), but the 8.1 has the darker bedrooms. I have therefore linked to the Berghaus Air 8.1 nightfall in this post. Where to buy the Berghaus Air 8 inflatable tent One of my friends had a Vango inflatable tent and raved about it, so I did a bit of research to see if I could find a cheaper one, that was also blue (don't like green tents! Plus, a blue one stands out more as most people tend to have the green ones) and finally found what I was looking for in the Berghaus Air 8. We had such a great camping holiday in the Berghaus Air 8 tent and can’t for our next family camping adventures! Berghaus Air 8 tent size – stats lowdown It’s worth considering the ‘ Berghaus essential bundle‘, (which includes a lightweight, waterproof, insulating carpet) at the same time as your tent to save money. Extras for the Berghaus Air 8 tentI researched load and loads of tents as I couldn't decide which one to buy for my family (me, my wife and 3 kids). The overall size is misleading, because from the side it only looks small, at 3m. It is not until you look at it from a different angle you realise how big it is, at 7.5 m. The living area can become rather cosy, but it is not massive to feel lost, or too small to become claustrophobic.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment