276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Xtrfy MZ1 - Superlight Gaming Mouse - Wired with State-of-the-Art Pixart 3389 Sensor - Optimal Aim through Unique Shape - Adjustable RGB Backlight - Zy’s Rail Edition

£36.33£72.66Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Of course I did do the usual ‘stress tests’: shaking the mouse doesn’t reveal any abnormal noise, and squeezing it causes little to no flex. There’s still creaking, though. Whenever I put pressure on the shell it tends to creak (no matter where I apply this pressure). This isn’t something that annoys me enough to call it an issue, but it is of course not great either. Again we circle around to a point I made earlier on in the review: if this is indeed a performance-focused product, then why not cut the RGB and use those weight savings to focus on a more solid shell? Force your fingertips to the front tip of the mouse. This was hard to get used to, and I had to force myself to keep adjusting for a little bit until I got used to it, but this is like, the whole point of the mouse shape and how it is contoured. My one sentence review - When I hold this mouse it automatically points to the enemy's head & Boom Headshot! The crisp illumination of Xtrfy’s mice is even more impactful with the translucent shell of the MZ1. Choose your color. Switch between numerous LED effects. Adjust the brightness. Or turn the illumination off. All settings are made directly on the mouse. The Xtrfy MZ1 Wireless uses the 3370 sensor instead of the 3389 that was found in the wired version. Both of those sensors are absolutely flawless, and just like in the wired version the sensor has been implemented perfectly here. It performs without any hiccups and doesn’t spin out, and Xtrfy’s wireless performance has been shown to be perfectly reliable in the past as well.

The coating on the MZ1 Wireless still doesn’t feel fantastic. It’s not as grippy as it could be, though that’s not something that’s an issue since the holes do help with grip. Still, if Xtrfy ever moves to solid shells I’d like to see a change in the coating because this gloss/matte hybrid isn’t something that I personally like. Upon unboxing the MZ1 Wireless I immediately noticed that not a lot had changed in the looks department, and I think that that’s a bit of a shame. The community as a whole seems to be well past cheese grater designs in mice, and while I personally don’t mind the holes (I do prefer a solid shell these days, but I have no issues using a mouse with holes in it) I have to say that I think this mouse would look (and feel, in case you’re someone who dislikes the feeling of holes under your fingers) a whole lot better with a solid shell. Overall, if your hands suits the mouse for fingertip, no brainer, an excellent mouse to have, give it a few days to get adjusted to the shape.STATE-OF-THE-ART COMPONENTS - Under the shell, you’ll find an ARM 32-bit microcontroller and the Pixart 3389 sensor. Meiner eigenen Erfahrung zufolge reichen 2 Tage eher um sich zu gewöhnen, die Form ist weniger außergewöhnlich als oft beschrieben, ich nehme trotzdem an, dass ein palm grip auf der Maus keine gute Idee ist, da sie doch etwas klein dafür ist. Da ich selber aber den für diese Maus optimalen griff, nämlich den fingertip grip nutze, kann ich diese behauptung nicht gut prüfen. However, everyone's hands are a bit different, and where my hand naturally wanted to lay on the mouse, and the positions of my fingers are somewhat different from the grip that Zy represents in his videos of the mouse. I did try to force my hand/fingers to be positioned exactly how he has displayed, but found a lot more comfort and improvement in aim once I found my own grip for it, and got consistent and comfortable with it. The shape takes a bit to get used to, since it's so unique and unorthodox unlike other shapes in the market.

Cable where it connects to pcb is hard bent I think, happened to mine a lot. I paracorded it and it fixed the problem In my MZ1 review, I remarked that the shell had some unpleasant creaking and flexing issues on the spot where I put my thumb, and I’m happy to report I didn’t experience those issues with the MZ1 Wireless. Of course this is something that could pop up after months of usage, but sadly I cannot test for that as I only have a limited amount of time to spend with any given product. Comfort - Since this is such an odd shape. I would only use it only for gaming and not for productivity. Buyer beware. I absolutely love this. Everything you need to get going for years and years can be found in the box. It’s especially nice to see replacement feet included in the box of a mouse that’s aimed at hardcore gamers, as those users are far more likely to care about their skates degrading, so it’s definitely nice to see that Xtrfy thinks about that with all of their releases. Shape, Coating, and Mouse Feet I might be a little critical here, I realize that. The creaking doesn’t influence my gameplay (and the problem is less exaggerated than it was on my MZ1 wired test copy) but it’s odd that out of all the Xtrfy mice I tested this MZ1 line of mice consistently performs the worst in the ‘creaking test’. Again: not a gameplay issue, but just a touch disappointing and, depending on your tolerance, annoying. Sensor and Everyday PerformanceULTRA-LIGHT YET DURABLE - The MZ1 is constructed to provide consistent, top-grade performance for years to come. Looks: Right next to my Glorious Model O Minus, it looks like it was designed in the year 2000. The lighting is non-uniform; starts half way from left mouse button and goes all the way past right mouse button. Glorious runs circles around the MZ1 with it's led implementation and lighting effects. Pulling a line from an old racing game - if this was a beauty contest the MZ1 would have already lost this race. It’s the first time a mouse has improved our reviewer’s aim in first-person shooters" Dot eSports — English Not much I can say to be honest the shape is great really good for claw grip users and finger tip too. I tend to hold it without it touching the base of my palm and just gripping it with fingers only. Sensor feels really crisp and sharp, pin point fluidity of movement no smoothing like some other sensors (owl eye sensor in my kone pure ultra although amazing feels sometimes too smooth).

All-weekend LAN or 24-hour marathon stream? No worries. The battery gives you up to 75* hours of playtime. And when it’s time to charge, connect the cord and continue playing. The MZ1 Wireless comes with an Xtrfy EZcord® Pro charging cable, for smooth movements even when the mouse is plugged in. Diese Maus wird online beschrieben als "Wenn man bereit ist, sich einen Monat an die Form zu gewöhnen, kann es eine wirklich gute Maus sein."

Build quality is superb, my copy doesnt have any rattling or creaking whatsoever throughout the entire mouse, very solidly built. Some cables are so good these days, with a bungee, they basically feel wireless. But they’re still tethered. And during high pressure moments in games, you don’t want to risk lifting your mouse to reset it, you just want to keep moving as far as your pad goes. That’s where wireless really has the advantage. Wired and wireless performance is basically the same now, so it’s that freedom to move the mouse anywhere that sets itself apart.“

That being said: I firmly believe that all of this is subjective. For some people, small mice are the name of the game, while others will perform at their best with a larger (and perhaps heavier) mouse. You may not immediately notice it, but the shape isn’t perfectly symmetrical. There’s a small indentation for your thumb on the left side, for example, and that’s not there on the right side. There are also very pronounced comfort grooves (something that RJN greatly appreciates in mice) and all of this leads to a mouse that’s a lot more ‘formed’ than what you usually find on small mice, as those usually tend to go for a neutral, almost eggy shape. The MZ1 is a very unique small shape mouse. I have 16.9x3.9 cm hands, so pretty small size hands. I came from the Razer viper mini, another great lightweight small mouse.

I haven't used Zy's mousepad but I think it's a really slow pad. That sort of makes sense since the mouse is so light however, Zy uses much much higher sensitivity than I do in games like CS:GO. For lower sensitivity gamers, I highly recommend trying out a low friction 'fast' mouse pad like the Odin Infinity or any of the many other alternatives. I bet even XTRFY has a low friction pad of some sort. This mouse is amazing, but not perfect. In terms of precision and aiming, this mouse's light weight and small size make it top notch for finger/claw grip. Mouse wheel: I prefer the placement and tactile feel of the glorious mouse model O, but I don't notice that the MZ1 mouse wheel affects my gameplay negatively. It's good enough. Did you try to just disconnect and reconnect the cable on the pcb or did you just switch directly to the paracord? EFFORTLESS GLIDE FOR FAST PLAYS - The MZ1 features 100 % PTFE skates with rounded edges for smoother glide, while the shape and hole structure of the shell make for a steadier grip. bullet_point#5.value: CUSTOMIZABLE RGB - Switch between numerous LED effects. Adjust the brightness. Or turn the illumination off. All settings are made directly on the mouse.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment