276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Osprey Farpoint Trek 55 Men's Travel Pack

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Farpoint 55 and Fairview 55 are essentially the same product; the only difference is that the Fairview is a women’s specific version.

Integrated compression system. While the regular Farpoint which has no internal organization features, the Trek does have several. Support for a water bladder. A water system for trekking is not included, but you can easily add one if you want. The padding is comfortable. I carried it stuffed full of all my gear on the four day Santa Cruz Trek in the Cordillera Blancas of Peru and the padding and clips helped ease the burden a lot. What are the differences? Well, the Fairview 40 has slightly smaller dimensions, but has been made more comfortable as it is designed for the female body. Also, the shoulder straps curve along the body, creating a better fit-for-women design. I’ve had the chance to use it both as a general travel bag and while trekking (the longest was a 5-day trek).I like this feature, but it mostly appeals to hardcore Osprey fans. It’s not worth it to actually buy both this and a Daylite, just to be able to switch between the two. But, if you’re already a proud owner of a Daylite or a Daylite Plus, you’ll be happy to know that the Farpoint Trek is compatible with both. Compatible With Hydraulics LT Reservoirs Initially, I was very sceptical about this combination but by testing this product I have had my mind well and truly changed.

Plus, the extra clips on the front and bottom meant I could strap a sleeping bag and a tent to the outside which was great when my bag was full. It used to be that the Farpoint 55 wasn’t carry-on compliant and it had some other points against it that made it a less attractive option, but now they are much more of a match.

But I think the best fit for this bag is actually round-the-world or gap-year travelers who will travel mostly overland. By the way, the Trek version of the Farpoint does not have an S/M or M/L version, since it can be adjusted to any height. But if you are going on a longer and more adventurous trip, I think the Farpoint Trek 55 will work really well. It also opens suitcase-style from the side and not from the top, so you can always access everything very easily. This is perfect for when you mostly stay in hotels or in hostels. Since I am a dude I can’t speak from personal experience here, but many women travelers I’ve met have told me they love this edition.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment