276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Design as Art: Bruno Munari (Penguin Modern Classics)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. a small free gift offered by the firm to the client in case the latter wishes to start a production of these objects on his own account"), his mediations on when design needs to step back and when it needs to step up, his maddening account on the various types of chairs or knives ("and is there anyone who doesn't know about the knife for making slits in chestnuts?

All of this said, most of the essays are light and accessible, but not as interesting, brave or complex as say John Berger's or Susan Sontag's essays on art. We are experiencing delays with deliveries to many countries, but in most cases local services have now resumed. Copying nature can be simply a form of manual dexterity that does not help us to understand, for it shows us things just as we are accustomed to seeing them. Towards the end it got a little dull, exaggerating examples to emphasize the point - which I thought was a little redundant. I will say its the bridge between science and everyday life and thats my own philosophy what design is, you may have your own Idea about it!One of the last surviving members of the futurist generation, Bruno Munari’s Design as Art is an illustrated journey into the artistic possibilities of modern design translated by Patrick Creagh published as part of the ‘Penguin on Design’ series in Penguin Modern Classics. Po bliższym przyjrzeniu się okazuje się, że jej spektrum jest bogate – obejmuje różne odcienie zieleni, brązów i żółci. So we enter the house and tread at once on the plastic, but warm in the knowledge that under it is white material and under that the red carpet and under that the marble.

This is an object without justification, and one moreover that may lead the worker to think futile thoughts. A poem only communicates if read slowly: only then does it have time to create a state of mind in which the images can form and be transformed. Dizajner ne sme da se bavi poezijom, on mora da misli drukčije i da pravu meru svakom segmentu onoga čime se bavi, a najlepše je ono što je najfunkcionalnije. Teksty Munariego ilustrowane są dodatkowo wykonanymi przez niego rysunkami, mniej lub bardziej schematycznymi, w zależności od potrzeb. Bruno Munari was among the most inspirational designers of all time, described by Picasso as ‘the new Leonardo’.For more details, please consult the latest information provided by Royal Mail's International Incident Bulletin. Każdy artykuł z książki Munariego jest niewielkich rozmiarów esejem, roztrząsającym pewien aspekt z dziedziny projektowania – najczęściej dotyczący psychologii patrzenia, a poza tym ogólnej filozofii tzw. To nije nikakav neposredni zaključak knjige, već moje dopisivanje, zasnovano na onome što o Italiji možemo misliti u odnosu na svet mode, dizajna, umetnosti. Some stuff I skipped or skimmed, some stuff I was genuinely interested in, I read all the way through.

Ali bez tog dodatka možda bi se previdelo da Munarijeva estetika počiva ne samo na idejama Bauhausa, već dodira sa svakodnevicom. Oprócz tego w oprawie znaleźć można tytułowy tekst Design as Art oraz appendiks The Machines of my Childhood.It felt like he wanted you to think he knew what design was more than to encourage, inform or instruct readers. Pamiętam, z jakim zachwytem patrzyłam jako nastolatka na nowo powstające budynki, przypominające grube, lśniące chrabąszcze, pełne szkła i czarnego marmuru. For me, Design as Art might be the definitive book on design, because it's precise, smart, and humorous, and because I've never before read anyone talk about design with such combination of joy and gentle scolding that at times I needed to close the book and laugh to myself. W związku z tym przyszedł czas na zrecenzowanie arcydzieła teorii sztuki projektowania - Design as Art, za którego zaistnienie się odpowiedzialny jest włoski artysta, Bruno Munari, prawdziwa gwiazda swojej dziedziny.

Okładka jest biało-czarna i ascetyczna w formie, ozdobiona jedynie rysunkami Munariego, które pojawiają się ponownie, lecz w większej ilości, przy okazji tekstu Character Building; w środku próżno szukać jakichkolwiek zbędnych elementów, krój pisma jest przyjemny i dobrze czytelny, a lekko brązowy papier nie powoduje męczących oczy kontrastów (należałoby pokazać tę książkę każdemu wydawcy, decydującemu się na drukowanie podręczników akademickich na obrzydliwie lśniącym, kredowym papierze). What I appreciated about the essays, is that there are global references, about art and design in other countries, which is nice to have context about, as a creative person. Rzecz jasna rozumiem, że to, co dostępne dla mas, nie ma prawa być dobre, a najlepszym wykładnikiem dobrego smaku są zera na metce z ceną, sądzę jednak, że snobizm nie musi czuć się zagrożony. Tekst ten to rzecz wyjątkowa, nawet wziąwszy pod uwagę to, w jak doborowym sąsiedztwie został umieszczony.

Książka pierwotnie została wydana w ramach serii Pelican Books, której misją było przede wszystkim edukowanie czytelnika. Egzemplarz, który mi służył (i, miejmy nadzieję, będzie służyć jeszcze długo), to szósta już edycja książki, włączonej do serii Penguin Modern Classics. munari diceva: «il sogno dell'artista è quello di arrivare al museo, il sogno del designer è quello di arrivare al mercato rionale».

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment