276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Christmas Wish: the hilarious new festive Christmas romance from the bestselling author

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I immediately Googled it and discovered that yes, to my chagrin, yeet is now a real word. It’s in the Merriam-Webster dictionary for goodness sake! This story was an okay read. A lot of family drama. I was thinking it was a romance story and looking forward to cute romance but there were little of it. A lot of repetition since the same day started over again like 6 times. So much whining about unhappy job, being dumped, and the ache for the boy next door.. I do enjoyed the humor though. As she figures out how to escape her own particular Christmas hell, Dev is the one bright spot. He might be all grown-up but underneath he's just as kind and funny as she remembers. Thank you to Lindsey Kelk, the author; and Publisher Harper Collins, Harper 360; also, as always, NetGalley, for a gifted advanced digital copy to read of THE CHRISTMAS WISH.

The Christmas Wish is Lindsey Kelk’s best yet. I couldn’t have loved this romantic, festive, brilliantly funny novel more’ ROSIE WALSH On Christmas morning, she wakes up, with the smell of food, and text messages from friends with photos sharing the joy of their children excited about their gifts. The joy of Christmas after seeing all those faces lit up with joy was just what she needed. Another text follows later, with another photo sharing the news of the best gift, the news of the Christmas baby’s arrival at 4:47am. The presents are opened, dinner is had, and then the day comes to an end. There were some good advice about making changes like stop doing things that makes us unhappy just because we were in it. I liked the outcome of each help Gwen did for her family. A reminder that just because we say we are fine doesn't mean we are and to offer mom help during holiday meals. Newly single lawyer Gwen Baker is hoping that a family Christmas–countryside, a mountain of food and festive films–will salve the sting of her career hanging by a thread and her heart being trampled on. Because everyone else has their life sorted: even Dev, her boy-next-door crush, is now a tall, dark and handsome stranger with a fiancee. She can’t help wishing her future was clearer. Then Gwen wakes up to discover it’s Christmas day all over again. Like Groundhog Day but with eggnog. And family arguments. On repeat. As she figures out how to escape her own particular Christmas hell, Dev is the one bright spot. He might be all grown-up but underneath he’s just as kind and funny as she remembers. Maybe, just maybe, her heart can be mended after all. But how do you fall in love with someone who can’t remember you from one day to the next? The Christmas Wish by Lindsey Kelk – eBook Details Newly single lawyer Gwen Baker is hoping that a family Christmas - countryside, a mountain of food and festive films -Lindsey Kelk has hit the sweet spot with a festive romcom that’s Groundhog Day meets The Family Stone’ Stylist Reading this book felt like opening a box of Quality Streets, getting out the Christmas edition of the Radio Times, then popping on a Santa Hat' SOPHIE COUSENS Absolutely screamingly hilarious, full of Christmas-y sparkle and a lovely boy-next-door romance, but with some serious depth to bring you all the feels’ LIZZY DENT

As she figures out how to escape her own particular Christmas hell, Dev is the one bright spot. He might be all grown-up but underneath he’s just as kind and funny as she remembers. Main character Gwen is trapped in a job to make her father’s wishes come true. She’s aspiring lawyer with bright future in a powerful corporate London company. When she arrives her family house at countryside. We’re introduced to bunch of characters: a father who puts enough pressure to Gwen to realize his own wishes, an estranged sister who is married with a jerk and raising two annoying children, a grumpy nana and a cousin suffers from inferiority complex after being left by his own parents. Gwen realizes she hasn’t been fair to her mother and her actions after starting to see things with different perspective. Pros: great writing, genuinely funny af (no boss babe or pander express humor), cool premise, great characters except for the dad but I don't like dads in general *shrugs*, cute ending that left me smiling in the dark with my lil reading light like a dummy

Customer reviews

Newly single lawyer Gwen Baker needs a family Christmas to bury her woes, with festive films, country walks and a mountain of chocolate.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment