276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sennheiser HD 599 Around-Ear Open Back Headphones - Ivory

£89.995£179.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However, the 560s also exist. I recently tried them out at Best Buy and I love the detail in those because its straight in your face. The 560s are the overachiever kids, the streaming service with a premium subscription. The 599s gives you what you need, but are more chill and know how to relax. The HD599 has an Impedance of 50 Ω, and not the iconic 300Ohm of the audiophile level units. Its frequency response is 12- 38,500 Hz, the sound pressure level (SPL) is 106dBSPL (1kHz/1Vrms) and THD, total harmonic distortion is <0.1% (1kHz, 100dBSPL). Even when listening to discs on which bass was not skewed (Paul Simon “Stranger To Stranger”, Radiohead “A Moon Shaped Pool”), one does not feel their exaggeration. But that’s not all – good control of this range is complemented by clear, transparent, and saturated sound colors. When needed, the low components can surprise you with real momentum and freedom, but even then each hit seems precisely programmed. The specific “violent storm” known from the HD 589 has given way to “accuracy of mathematical machine operations”, which turned out to be good for the whole presentation. The HD 598 and HD 599 are extremely close in sound performance, with a slightly tweaked driver. Indeed the specs are the same – it’s mostly a facelift with different colour scheme and materials used. When you look at the HD599’s press material you immediately notice this headphone is branded as a top of the line “do-it-all” headphone for watching movies and for listening to music and basically anything that can be done with a headphone. The HD6XX and all the higher end models are marketed as pure audiophile headphones for music listening.

The Sennheiser HD 598 gives out a stylish and sophisticated look, thanks to its artificial leather, accented wood knots, and a pair of soft pads. It is made from high-quality plastic materials that are highly durable and lightweight, making it comfortable to wear. I've also did some research on the Massdrop AKG K7XX and seems like its level below 6XX / 4XX. The AD700X i know has huge soundstage, but probs arent that good in sound quality ( since they're around 60-100eur and i've seen used for like 40-50eur ). In 1960 Sennheiser presented the MD421 to the world and it put the Sennheiser name on the map. Four years later Sennheiser created their first headphone, the HD414. I’m sure you’ve seen it before as it is very easy to remember with the yellow colored pads. Sennheiser produced it for 15 years and sold over 10 million units which is extremely impressive. They patented the open ear design for 25 years. Sennheiser employs 1300 people in Germany (of which 400 are in production) and 2800 people worldwide. The Sennheiser HD 599 is the upgraded version of the HD 598, and one look at this revamped headphone, and you’ll know that Sennheiser did a great job with the upgrade. It has a luxurious-looking stitched headband, with the Sennheiser logo accentuated in a matte metallic plate.Should you fork out the bills for this one? If you’ve been searching for an impressive dynamic sound with plenty of highs and plenty of lows – and the HD 598 just didn’t cut it for you – I’m willing to bet you’ll love these cans. To my own ears, they sound just a tad cleaner than the 598, but don’t tell the fanboys I said that. P.S. I've noticed that the 598 sounds bit darker on my onboard compared to AMP, so that also could be the case for not having an amp. Also what do you dislike about them? For me the 598 was quite decent and had that nice sound profile where everything is almost perfect and well balanced.

If an even-to-flat sound is your cup of tea, though, you’re better off opting for the slightly more-expensive HD 600 – for a clinical sound, the 600 reigns supreme. Honestly I wonder why these cans aren't more recommended all over the place, these are ridiculously good even at 180€, far better than the 598CS and the classic 598. Even in gaming these are better than the 598 because the soundstage is more precise and more sperical compared to the regular 598 and their tunnel-like soundstage (at least that's what I remember from before I sold the old 598). The HD555/595 design that the 558/598/599/etc are based on were never designed for gaming, they were designed for music, movies and media devices. On "Don't Drift...", they're essential to the openness of the song. It sounds very spacious in there and you're relaxed. However, it can be a bit overpowering there as sometimes it can distract you from the detail, but more often than not, you will feel relaxed and happy with this mid-bass open on this song. On classical same story.I'm just a bit clueless at which headphone I could give a try as I still want an open headphone (as I can't stand not hearing myself while talking). I assumed that the 599s were supposed to be more of an "entertaining" headphone, so I thought the comparison to the SR-80 might be closer, but the SR-80 blew them away.

Disclaimer: The Sennheiser HD599 was sent to us on loan by Sennheiser’s PR agency. It will already have been returned when this review is published. The Sennheiser HD 599 is likewise powered by Sennheiser’s patented transducer technology, Ergonomic Acoustic Refinement (E.A.R.) design, which explicitly channels all audio signals to the listener’s ears. With Sennheiser HD 599, you’ll experience vibrant and realistic sound devoid of any muffle or distortion.

The WORST Trend In Gaming

The Sennheiser HD 598 has a range of frequency from 12 Hz to 38500 Hz, a sound pressure level of 112 dB, and an impedance of 50 Ohms. You can play the Sennheiser HD 598 in high volume without sacrificing its precise and detailed sound. Marketing people always find interesting statements, don’t they? I do see what they mean though and for a whole lot of people who never experienced decent sound this most likely will be the case. The keywords that come in to mind when listening to the HD599 are smooth, engaging and musical and all that in a very possible way. The HD599 simply sounds smooth and is easy to listen to and it to a lot of ears will sound natural with a lovely warmness. Sennheiser achieved to make the HD599 smooth and detailed at the same time and because of that it will please both the new listener as well as the more experienced one. The H599 is a headphone you can perfectly use for watching movies and for listening to music to, it’s a great all-rounder. Sennheiser HD 598’s bass may not be as strong as other models’ basses, but it does have a powerful and well-balanced bass. You can play your favorite hip-hop tunes and not be disappointed with its sound quality.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment