276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Last Temptation (Tony Hill and Carol Jordan, Book 3)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

a b "Interview: It can be murder, but Val McDermid's love of Raith is no mystery". The Scotsman. 10 April 2010. The High Heid Yin's New Claes, published in The Itchy Coo Book o Hans Christian Andersen Fairy Tales in Scots (2020)

McDermid says she is "fascinated with the reasons people do terrible things to each other". Does she find the world a depressing place? "The condition of rage is one in which I find myself starting my day - once I see the news headlines," she admits.

Need Help?

Anna Burnside (2 September 2016). "Straight-talking Val McDermid lifts lid on her latest novel and why she's the badass woman of the week". Daily Record . Retrieved 25 October 2016.

Since the creation of Wire in the Blood, McDermid has achieved wealth and not a little fame. Does she revel in the praise, the recognition? She laughs, remembering a comment from one of her fans - a Swedish philosopher - who approached her at a book fair. His opening gambit was not about his love for her writing, but the comment: "Do you know that from behind you look just like Jacques Derrida?" It takes her a while to stop laughing.I found The Last Temptation an okay read. The serial killer’s method of murder was unusual and their signature was very obscure. There was lots going on in this novel with lots of characters to follow. The characterization of all the characters was good, including the serial killer. There were plenty of bits to spice up this novel, for example having lesbian police officers and the need to debrief Carol as she was working undercover, by holding their meetings naked in a sauna. McDermid was inducted into the prestigious Detection Club in 2000, and won the CWA Diamond Dagger for her lifetime contribution to crime writing in the English language in 2010. She was awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of Sunderland in 2011. [4] She is co-founder of the Harrogate Crime Writing Festival and the Theakston's Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year Award, part of the Harrogate International Festivals. In 2016 she captained a team of St Hilda's alumnæ to win the Christmas University Challenge. [5] In 2017, McDermid was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, [6] as well as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature. [7] Work [ edit ] Cross and Burn by Val McDermid: Undiscovered Scotland Book Review". www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk . Retrieved 16 April 2022.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment