276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Batman: The Silver Age Omnibus 1

£33.82£67.64Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Silver Age coincided with the rise of pop art, an artistic movement that used popular cultural artifacts, such as advertising and packaging, as source material for fine, or gallery-exhibited, art.

Harvey's focus shifted to children from 6 to 12 years of age, especially girls, with characters such as Richie Rich, Casper the Friendly Ghost, and Little Dot. Strausbaugh credits him as one of Marvel's strongest creative forces during the late 1960s, his art owing a large debt to Salvador Dalí.

I loved these stories when I was six and I still find them powerful in their purity and in the exuberance of their simple, often ridiculous plots.

Action Comics, All-Star Western, Animal Man, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Batman: The Dark Knight, Batman and Robin, Batwing, Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Blackhawks, Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, Catwoman, DC Universe Presents, Deathstroke, Demon Knights, Detective Comics, The Flash, Frankenstein: Agent of S. One of the previous reviewers is correct, though, there are some missing issues between the last golden age omnibus and this, the first silver age omnibus, that need to be put into book form at some point.Following More Fun Comics change in focus the previous month, the displaced super-heroes Superboy, Green Arrow, Johnny Quick, Aquaman, and the Shining Knight were welcomed by Adventure Comics". Golden Age: Dark, dangerous, brooding vigilante, heavily influenced by costumed vigilantes from pulp fiction, who occasionally might use guns and kill. Love that they now include all the covers on the back, wouldn't make me go and update all my volumes of older DC omnis but I hope this is a format they continue with as they update older volumes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment