276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ultimate Guard Katana Inner Sleeves Standard Size Transparent (100)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With this new Cortex range, Ultimate Guard have managed to improve upon their Supreme sleeves without breaking the bank, and they should certainly be a consideration on your outer sleeve shortlist.

Ultimate Guard Matte Orange Katana Sleeves Standard Size

The Regulars are 80 microns thick on the front side and 130 microns thick on the back, whereas the Mattes are 90 on the front and 120 on the back. This is not just one or two cards, more than half of my deck has corner bends after 4-5 months of regular use, and I never had that experience with Dragon Shields. In this review, we’ll go over the features of Ultimate Guard’s Katana sleeve lineup and analyze how they compare to other card sleeves. Interestingly, the results for this test differed wildly between the Cortex and Cortex Matte sleeves.

When held to a bright light, only the silhouette of the cards can be seen, none of the card details or any other incriminating information. V i m o z a h r so question, I've kind of ruled out dragon shield because they have that extra space at the top, so it seems to be between KMC and Katana.

thoughts on Ultimate Guard Katana Sleeves vs - Reddit Any thoughts on Ultimate Guard Katana Sleeves vs - Reddit

While both the matte and regular versions fall under the same Cortex umbrella, there are significant differences between the two in durability and ease of double-sleeving. Our second durability test consists of a simple scratch test to see how easy it is to mark the backs of the sleeves.Slick handling – since they aren’t matte sleeves, if you have them double-sleeved, they have a propensity to slip and slide in the first few rounds of play.

Katana Sleeves | Standard | Ideal-Fit | Blue | 100 | UGD010108 Katana Sleeves | Standard | Ideal-Fit | Blue | 100 | UGD010108

KMC may not be as durable/bombproof however I have the absolute confidence that my cards are properly sleeved and will definitely handle my kitchen table/FNM gameplay. This isn’t generally a problem when all of your card backs are the same, but there could be slight differences even with alt-art backs by FFG and now the NISEI card back is highlighting this issue even more. I am getting back into mtg after not playing for a while, and was wanting to know what kind of sleeves would be ideal to go with. This is cause for concern due to “marked cards” (being able to identify the card in your deck just by looking at the back of the sleeve for inconsistencies).For card gamers, sleeves may secretly be one of the most expensive parts of consistent play, especially if you’re the type who takes pride in shuffling up a newly sleeved deck. Outer sleeves: I started with KMC and was happy until about 2 years ago there quality dropped off and I switched to the Ultra Pro Eclipse Sleeves and have loved the change over. We can then determine the amount of force required to split the sleeve and compare it to other sleeves as reference. This makes them ideal for tournament play when you might be running DFCs or MDFCs and need every card to look identical. Difficult to double sleeve – double sleeving seems to be a challenge with top-down perfect fit sleeves.

Standard Gaming Sleeves: Ultimate Guard’s Katana Review Standard Gaming Sleeves: Ultimate Guard’s Katana Review

Durability – some of the best durability I have seen in a sleeve since Dragon Shield: Matte sleeves .the Professor/tolarian community college YouTube channel has a very good demonstrations of showing this issue. Keeping these strengths and weaknesses in mind, I set out to draw my own conclusion by using a fresh batch of Katana sleeves at my next event. Well, let’s just say that I’ve had some significant first-hand experience, which we’ll get into in a little bit later. After the tournament, I unsleeved my deck and realized that I could probably use these in another competitive REL event.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment