276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Paradise Island: A Sam and Colby Story

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Hawaiian breezes sifted through the house, providing all the air they needed. With natural sunlight in every room, there was something energetically light about the cabana.

The man held a small video camera aimed at them. I’m watching your every move. You better behave. We don’t like hooligans around here. You shouldn’t be here if you want to act that way. I enjoyed and would definitely recommend giving it a chance. Just give it a chance, open your mind to it. Alex betraying the boys? So interesting! This was one of the few things that made sense in terms of them being drugged. But then when he was betrayed when Pauahi (who’s name was misspelled a few different times in the book) escaped? Ugh, amazing. We love instant karma like that. Alex closed his eyes, crossed his ankles, and feigned sleep. I say we hang out here the rest of the day and hit the beach tomorrow.Visiting the North Shore had been a bizarre and unsettling experience, to say the least, but when they got home after vacation was over, he was going to suggest to Colby that they make a video about it. As the plane made its final approach into Lihue Airport, Sam Golbach stared out the window. Azure waves hugged the towering emerald peaks and sandy white beaches of Hawaii’s fourth-largest island. Like a crystal blue embrace, he thought. He couldn’t wait to get this vacation started. Even though they loved being ghost hunters and entertaining millions on YouTube, they’d been abandoned, stranded, cursed, haunted, and yes, even arrested for trespassing (thanks, Florida!). I also wasn’t a fan of how so many things plot-wise was just...told to the boys. They could’ve found some newspaper clippings or something, anything to make them put in a little bit of detective work. But for so much information to just be handed to them? It got old, and almost lazy.

Honestly, I read it bc I'm a huge Gaby Triana/Gabrielle Keyes fan. As someone almost old enough to be Sam or Colby's mom had I made different decisions in HS (and had the pool of potentials not been little Eminem wannabes) I was skeptical about how "bro"-y this book would be. In addition to the popular Sam and Colby channel, Colby has his own YouTube account. Colby’s own channel, which he created in 2016, features a wide range of prank videos, exploration videos, vlogs, and other content. On the platform, he also features a number of other content creators. The pacing of the book is expertly done, with the tension steadily rising as the friends are forced to stay overnight in the mansion due to unforeseen circumstances. The atmospheric descriptions transport readers to the hauntingly beautiful setting of Kauai, while the vivid portrayal of the Belle Estate heightens the sense of dread and suspense. They bustled through the airport with their bags, heading to the rental car facility, a charged excitement buzzing through Sam’s veins.In Kauai, Colby felt like he was a part of something exponentially bigger. Connected to nature. A tiny part of this infinite universe. This was why he’d insisted they spend their next day hiking different trails, searching for the perfect waterfall, because it wasn’t until they were on those vine-laced paths, underneath a canopy of trees, discovering hidden coves and jumping into green lagoons that he felt like he truly belonged somewhere. If he could, he would move to Kauai in a heartbeat. Gaby Triana writes some pretty scary stuff but took it up a million notches in this book. "Make the benign and beautiful terrifying" is done masterfully in this book. Had never heard of Sam & Colby (not really big on YT) but they have me hooked after this! Wooden beams supported tall ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows welcomed in plenty of light, a bed frame looked like it’d been carved out of mahogany, and a fluffy blue-and-white rug reminiscent of an ocean wave spread across the hardwood floor. Plants sprouted from every corner, except one, where a small bar sat with four shot glasses and a bottle of whiskey on the counter. Sam and Colby collaborated on their debut book, Paradise Island, which will be released in late 2020. “When YouTube ghost hunters Sam and Colby fly to Kauai for an annual bro vacation with two childhood friends, they’re desperate for a break from paranormal investigations—instead, they find themselves at the center of their most frightening mystery yet,” according to a Barnes and Noble book excerpt. About the quiz

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment