276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Only One by Dolce & Gabbana Eau de Parfum For Women, 50ml

£65£130.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If only coffee WAS detectable, it could have maybe worked out better. Citruses as well are mute. This is just powder, sugar, and more powder, and sugar, layer after layer until a faint - and dizzy at this point - feeble floral note attempts to make its appearance. You know when brands bring out “intense” and “extreme” versions of perfumes and it’s a total lie? This isn’t one of those. It’s intense and it means it. If you prefer to go unnoticed and under the radar, don’t buy this one, it’s got presence. Over all, this composition is really well done, and all the components do really go well together and complement each other. The bottle is super classy and looks great on the shelf. Have been on the lookout for something similar but a bit more elevated and long lasting and with Only One Intense I've finally found it! Last night I've sprayed it on myself for the first time after buying it and in an hour was sniffing around, thinking, why do I feel so nostalgic and comforted? Oh, sweet sweet warm hug in a modern robe, couldn't be happier. If you like gentle, sweet, sexy, cozy orientals give this a try✨ You will smell like some fruit tart/bakery when wearing this, but in a good way. I think it is yummy. The opening is more joyful and transparent, but dries down a sweet gourmandy scent. Nonetheless, it's not all sweety and creamy; the coffee note is there to prevent it from going full blown girly sweet.

Update : There is a really nice almost cotton candy like sweetness there in the dry down which is lovely, however the powder still kind of over powers it. I think id be in love if it wasn't for the strong powderines.

Reminds me of a warmer version of La Nuit Tresor Nude, except with white flowers instead of rose. I own both, and while I'll use my bottles up, I don't think you need to have both of these perfumes in your collection. The thing is, what is it with D&G and the apple note? Did they buy the stuff in large barrels in the nineties and still need to get wrid of it? Lol. It get's me so nausiated. 🤢

What a titillating scent for a breezy summer night. A successful blind buy for me. So glad there’s no patchouli to amplify the vanilla, so it actually works for those who live in warmer climates. It is a dark scent for the evenings, like a creamier, more powdery, more vanillic/sweeter Crystal Noir (EdP) minus the spices, woods and soapy note. I smell the sensual white florals and coconut the most, sweetened by a smooth, powdery vanilla. I own Crystal Noir EdP and have always found it abit too harsh smelling on my skin chemistry, I think I will do well layering these two. Do not overspray this one, the coconut has potential to be overwhelming and smell like cheap car freshener. I’m generally not a fan of coconut in perfumery, but it’s blended well here and really complements the white flowers. On the first sniff in the store the sales lady gave me 4 sprays on my left wrist and I fell in love immediately with this scent. It just filled me with happiness and energy and I kept sniffing my wrist the entire day because it kept getting my attention, poking my interest.I will never forget the day I first smelled The Only One, and fell in love with it. I was at my sister's, sleep deprived and hormonal from breastfeeding my then four month old, and when I finally gave my arms a break and handed my fitfully sleeping baby to my sister just so I could use the restroom, I spent a few minutes there just gathering myself. That's when my eyes fell on the sample of The Only One she had in her bathroom, and without thinking much, I sprayed it on my arm. You know how some perfumes immediately make you smile, and you know, you simply know in those very first moments that you love it? Well, The Only One was that perfume for me. These are different, but both are composed by perfumer Violaine Collas and both are sweet & lactonic with coconut. Dolce Garden has a more forward tropical quality that's more milky than creamy but you will catch a fleeting glimpse of it as TOOI dries down. I truely get why this is loved by many, dupe or no dupe, and if you love apple, bob's your uncle. Objectively, it's a nice one, but for me, it remains a no after thorough testing because of that darn apple note. 🤢 Having said that, the best that D&G has to offer today. Imo.

BTW it's also very similar to Britney Spears Private Show but that one has an added fruity(nectarine) note. Update: okay so I’ve given this some wear and it does settle nicely and is wearable in summer. My complaint is that the middle, which is my favorite part, only lasts an hour or so. I’d say this only projects for 3-4 hours which is surprising for being the ‘intense’ version. I will definitely be wearing this layered with "Vanilla Love" and save my "BO-LP" for special occasions. I like it, it's confident, bold, sweet, 'red'. When first sprayed I thought this is scent right up my alley that's sweet and reminds me a bit of La Vie Est Belle. Would be good for cooler months, more so at night, but could be worn during the day too. Ages 20-30. I think of my Latino roommates clubbing, as they had this type of scent bomb perfume. Slightly reminds minds me if Miss Boucheron. D&G has more of a fruit note though. Also slightly reminds me of Katy Perry Killer Queen, but this is MUCH better. KQ was too strong for me. This is def not a safe blind buy! Despite being advertised for women, I believe men can also enjoy this one. It is really yummy and works well in colder weather or in air-conditioned environment.The burnt caramel note emerges as it dries down, rounding out the base, a logical progression from the vanilla-coffee accord. The syrupy florals remain and a cloud of patchouli punctuates it with earthiness as it fades, becoming a sweet musky skin scent. Sillage is moderate and longevity is long-lasting.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment