276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hoover H-FREE 500 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner with Ultra Lightweight, Compact Design, 3-in-1 Configuration, 40-minute Battery Capacity, and Turbo Boost for Tough Dirt Battery Powered 0.45 Litre Black/Red

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Founded in Ohio in 1908, Hoover has over 100 years of experience in developing the very best vacuum cleaners – as well as other cleaning products such as washing machines and tumble driers. In general, I found the Hoover H-Free 500 cordless vacuum very pleasant to use, easy to flip between the various permutations and it was also nice not to have to keep the power button held down while you clean, unlike other more expensive options. Admittedly it was a tad louder than I am used to, or enjoy, especially in Turbo mode but by no means ear-splitting. The first time I pushed the floorhead along (on the wooden flooring), it didn’t seem terribly smooth, and when I came upon larger debris – for example dead grass from the recently mown lawn – it just pushed it around rather than vacuuming. I tried carpet and was met with even worse resistance and debris avoidance. Not a great start. However, I then remembered those weird wiper blade strips I’d installed and took them off, reinstating the velvet strip. Problem sorted. As a thirty-something woman who has had two kids and sits at a desk for eight hours a day in my day job, the last thing I need is to be lugging around a bulky vacuum. Whizzing around the house with the HF500 doesn’t make me feel any additional strain.

If you have a large home, I would recommend you buy the H-Free 500 as a secondary vacuum to grab when speed and convenience are required. It simply doesn’t have the bin capacity or battery life to manage a full house clean involving more than two or three bedrooms. About this review and our reviewer Dust and dirt gathers in all areas of the home – especially in those hard to reach places. Thanks to the wide range of accessories that come with the H-FREE 500, you can get the job done with minimal effort! It can be charged anywhere My old cordless was hidden in the utility room – out of sight, out of mind. This one however fits neatly in the walk in wardrobe underneath the clothes rail which makes it the perfect upstairs vacuum. It can be used as a normal vacuum or as a handheld cleaner As we covered earlier choosing a brand can be really key to getting the right product in the Vacuum cleaners category. There are loads of great brands out there each offering great products at different levels of quality and price. If brand is important to you, we’re sure you already know that Hoover is a great choice. With 94 products available from Hoover there’s plenty of choice too.

In This Article

Powering up the Hoover H-Free 500 cordless vacuum for the first time, I noticed two things. Firstly, it is rather loud, and, secondly, it is rather light. Since you’ll only be vacuuming for about 40 minutes max, the loudness is worth suffering to enjoy the lightness. This vacuum is so light, I didn’t need to bother switching to the handheld mode to clean sofa cushions and the top of our padded ottoman, I just hoiked the floorhead up (with one hand) and carried on cleaning. If you have your heart set on a particular brand or even a selection of brands then we’d suggest you spend a bit of time writing up a list of the brands that you would happily buy. This can really help you in narrowing down the selection when it comes to choosing a product. For example, over at Currys PC World you can filter products by brand, so you could filter just to show the brands on your list. This is especially useful knowing that there are 124 Vacuum cleaners to choose from at Currys PC World. Společnost Hoover nabízí široký sortiment příslušenství a náhradních dílů pro váš spotřebič. Kontaktujte nás a vyhledejte kompatibilní příslušenství.

While the G-Tech HyLite is smaller and can fit in a drawer, it isn’t significantly smaller than the Hoover H-Free 500. If you’re after a vacuum that you can fit easily out of the way, the Hoover H-Free 500 is by far the most powerful of the two. On a single six-hour charge, the Hoover H-Free 500 is rated to last for up to 40 minutes on standard mode. This drops down to 25 minutes if you use the motorised floor brush. In Turbo mode, this drops down to just eight minutes. Given that I had to switch on Turbo mode regularly to clean up bigger spills, this isn’t a vacuum cleaner I could use for my entire house. Instead, I see it as a tool for smaller properties or as an addition to a plug-in vacuum cleaner. Let’s take a look at HOOVER H-FREE 500 Home Energy HF522BEN Cordless Vacuum Cleaner in more detail and see what makes it worthwhile of a review score of 9.2 out of 10. The brush part of the tool disturbs the dust, while the powerful suction of the hoover whizzes it all up. Goodbye dusty headrest and hello beautiful, soft furniture that you’re not ashamed to show off! Hard to reach places The pet turbo brush comes in handy for the stairs themselves. Although we don’t have pets, I shed hair like a labrador and you’ll often find clumps on my hair throughout the house. This tool is especially great at getting this hair up, especially when used in conjunction with turbo mode. Car

There were also a total of 61 products that were more expensive from Hoover and 31 that were cheaper. Price of Hoover products in the Vacuum cleaners category The overall quality of any product is important, but it’s especially important when you’re considering Vacuum cleaners. You’re making an important investment in this product so you want to be sure that it’s going to be durable and serve its purpose for a decent length of time.

Am I the only one who gets annoyed when you leave your vacuum cleaner in an upright position – invariably delicately balanced against a wall – only for it to crash bang to the ground minutes later? This problem is no more with the H-FREE 500. Two further LED lights show the battery status and the power mode so you can stay informed of what settings you’re using and when it’s likely going to need a charge. It won’t fall over when put in the parking position Consider the price. We’ll dive into a lot more detail on the price of HOOVER H-FREE 500 Home Energy HF522BEN Cordless Vacuum Cleaner shortly, but in terms of quality, the obvious advice here is ‘you get what you pay for’. It’s really just being aware that if you’re buying the cheapest of the Vacuum cleaners from Currys PC World you might not expect the same level of quality as you’d get from a decent quality product like HOOVER H-FREE 500 Home Energy HF522BEN Cordless Vacuum Cleaner.

Whether it’s in storage mode, or you have the tube attached, when placed in an upright position, this vacuum STAYS in an upright position. Game changer! There’s so much more… As most of our ground-floor is hardwood or tile, I was able to do the whole 100sq m (no motorised brush) with plenty of battery life to spare. However, if I tried to do the whole house, therefore adding four bedroom carpets and the landing runner upstairs (which needs the motorised brush-head) as well as the two tiled bathrooms and staircase, I had no chance of completing it on a single battery. We have kids, so we have tons of stuff and both of the boys rooms are full of Kallax and other storage furniture which of course leave hard to reach places where dust (and spiders!) gather. The long crevice tool helps us to reach these hard to get to places and the great suction that comes with the HF500 means we don’t need to worry that anything is left behind. What are some of the best features of the Hoover H-FREE 500? But what about the cleaning results? In the main, I found the suction in normal power mode was good (in Turbo mode it is exceptionally good) and more than capable of dealing with the mountains of dog/child hair we tend to accrue every day meaning I would recommend it to those after a good pet vac. Furthermore, when it comes to storage, this Hoover is very compact. In storage mode, the device sits at only 69cm in height meaning it can be stored in a cupboard out of sight, instead of cluttering up your home.

The Hoover H-Free 500 excels on many important points, namely cleaning (the big one!), weight, storage and ease of use. Sure, it lets itself down a touch on bin size and battery life, but those in smaller homes or apartments probably won’t even notice.The suction compared to my old cordless is miles better and I no longer have to drag my bulky corded vac out through the front garden. Now I have the F500, I can simply hop into the car and get to work within seconds! Plenty of accessories that get the job done

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment