276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Polo: The lavish and racy classic from Sunday Times bestseller Jilly Cooper

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Octavia Brennan is a beautiful yet flawed young woman, living the high life in 1970s London. Though she is deeply flirtatious and has – by her own admission – slept with many men, she has never found happiness with any of them.

Polo by Jilly Cooper | Goodreads Polo by Jilly Cooper | Goodreads

Leo Cooper was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 2002. He died on 29 November 2013 at the age of 79. [1] In 2010, Cooper suffered a minor stroke. [27] Barber, Michael (3 December 2013). "Leo Cooper obituary: Publisher of military history books and husband of Jilly Cooper". The Guardian . Retrieved 7 May 2020. As stated earlier, this series was the most successful work of Jilly Cooper. It consists of the following nine books: Quite a few characters to keep up with, all with different plot lines and dramas to follow; but I liked the way it ended.

Publication Order of Short Story Collections

The heroine, Abigail Rosen aka Appassionata, was not only the most violinist and flamboyant in classical music but was also the sexiest. Unfortunately, she was also the loneliest. She was also very attracted to a sinfully glamorous horn player, Viking O’Neill. Claire Rushbrook as Cathy Rowley in Sherwood. (Image credit: BBC/House Productions/Matt Squire) Who else is starring in Rivals? Dowell, Ben (12 February 2009). "ITV delays single dramas in downturn". The Guardian. London . Retrieved 18 January 2013. Horses, bad behaviour, and lots of orgasms. Polo is the third book in Jilly Cooper’s Rutshire Chronicles series and is, hands-down, my absolute favourite of the – currently – nine-book line-up. (I may be a bit biased, though, as this was the first Jilly Cooper I ever read and the sex scenes it contains have been indelibly burned into what was my (somewhat) innocent teenage brain. In fact, Polo was my introduction to the concept that more than one orifice could be utilised during intercourse …) Condition: Good. Item in good condition. Textbooks may not include supplemental items i.e. CDs, access codes etc.

Polo by Jilly Cooper - AbeBooks Polo by Jilly Cooper - AbeBooks

Violent feuds, abandoned sex, devious plotting and temperamental screaming are inevitable once Tristan, Rannaldini, the French director and volatile cast gather at Rannaldini’s abbey for filming. Even thogh everyone wanted Rannaldini dead, it was astonishing that Maestro was murdered. This didn’t stop the bizarre things from taking place.

Select a format:

Our heroine this time round is spoilt brat Perdita, who shows a stunning flair for polo and has sympathetic, loving relationships with horses and dogs, but not with people. She is brought up by long suffering mother Daisy and stepfather Hamish, with whom Daisy has had two more children. Perdita's father is absent for much of the book, but his entrance is explosive. After Riders and Rivals i was SO geared up to read Polo! Sadly i didn’t particularly like/relate to the characters,especially Perdita! What a shame!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment