276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ikea KARLBY worktop, 186x3.8 cm, oak/veneer

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s probably not worth that much now, but I tend to always have the newest hardware in my system, so I pay a premium as part of the “early adopters fee.” IKEA Workstation of a Software Engineer I achieved this with the 2.5-meter walnut KARLBY countertop. The ALEX drawers are great for storing a lot of things within reach. They are deep and come in various sizes to fit everything.

I was thinking of getting just one cabinet from IKEA, but I figured that two ALEX drawers would look much better. Credit: ivan_shiuu There weren’t any other options I had considered other than ALEX. It’s used very often online, and I think that’s because it’s both aesthetically pleasing and functional.I wanted to create a large and cosy setup that could fit everything and still have a clean and spacious feel. With drawers, I have plenty of storage space within arm’s reach for all the things I need, such as documents, accessories, notes, and any other equipment I find handy. The top is not fixed to the Alex drawers in anyway, but the Alex drawers are 36cm wide by 58cm deep, double that up and the surface area your desk is resting on is way bigger than most desks. Remember though, why don’t standard desks have such substantial support under the desk table top? Because it eats into your under desk leg room, so bear that in mind if you are thinking of using a smaller length that the 186cm counter top. I also wanted a desk with enough space for my two 32″ curved monitors and my D&D books. This way, I can have a space for work and for fun. I saw many people online using ALEX drawers, which seemed to work well at a reasonable price, so I didn’t really consider any other options. Credit: Toby

The problem that arose was the placement of the PC case. I didn’t want to sacrifice a large portion of valuable surface space for a huge PC case. I chose ALEX drawers because they were readily available and easy to assemble. I knew they would work well with my desk setup and that I would be able to easily get them. ALEX drawers are space-saving. With their simple, thoughtful design and generous depth of 58 cm (23 in), the drawers provide ample storage and simplify cable management.Mixing IKEA ALEX drawers and a simple countertop to make a desk? Genius. I loved this idea the first time I saw it. We spoke with many WFH creators around the world, and here are the top five reasons why they chose these storage units for their home offices. The longer side is 178 cm (60 cm desk + 120 cm desk, minus 2 cm for the connection), and the shorter side is 156 cm (120 cm desk + 36 cm ALEX). I connected an ALEX to one of them. Storage & organisation Furniture Textiles Kitchenware & tableware Kitchens Lighting Decoration Rugs, mats & flooring Beds & mattresses Baby & children Smart home Bathroom products Laundry & cleaning Plants & plant pots Home electronics Home improvement Outdoor living Food & beverages Christmas Shop Shop by room

It took me forever to decided on sink and faucet placement and when I finally did, Hubby used a post it to mark the hole. I think he worried I’d change my mind at the last minute, haha. It’s a big upgrade from my old clunky L-shaped hutch desk, and this setup gives me more space, which makes it more relaxing to sit at.” Flexible ALEX Drawers Bedroom Desk Setup I think my desk setup with a KARLBY walnut veneer countertop is pretty standard, but it’s cool if you like it! I chose the ALEX drawers because their flat tops and bottoms make it easy to keep things level without needing to buy additional legs. So essentially, by buying second-hand, I was able to get everything for about 10% of its original cost.” IKEA Workstation with Two Screens and Custom Loop PCI had seen them in my office when I started working there and liked their deep dimensions and ample storage space. Credit: Thatoneguy_420 I would have preferred to have a storage unit cupboard instead of drawers, but unfortunately, it’s been discontinued. The natural color and grain of wood adds warmth to your kitchen decor. Walnut gets lighter in color with age. It has a rich variation in color and a decorative, curved grain pattern. The previous desk I had was fine, but it was not wide enough to accommodate my Sony PVM CRT monitor for retro games. I considered buying a standing desk at first, but they were too expensive. I wasn’t sure if I would actually use the standing feature.

This desk setup was originally set up when I was working from home in London before the pandemic, and then I had to share the workspace with my partner once the pandemic hit.Birch is fine-grained and pale in color with a satin-like sheen that darkens with age. It often has knots or heartwood in cream or light brown which will give your countertop a unique and distinct natural look. The desk itself cost around €195 ( LINNMON: €45, ALEX drawers: €80, VIKA: €30, ALEX add-on: €40).” Triple Screen Home Workspace with ALEX Drawers, Shelves and Plants I have a pretty small space to work with, so I needed to find a storage solution that wouldn’t take up too much space. That’s why I got the ALEX drawers. Credit: Burak887 As Ikea desks became more and more difficult to buy from March to May 2020, this idea seemed to gain in popularity. So, would we recommend it? Here are some factors to consider:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment