276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Unstable Unicorns, Here To Slay, Card Game, Ages 14+ , 2-6 Players, 15-90 Minutes Playing Time

£9.995£19.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We’re still perhaps a little short of challenge cards, and magic cards are still quite nonconsequential, but it’s a much more balanced game. It costs 1 point to draw a card, play a card or activate an existing card ability, 2 points to attack a monster, and 3 points to discard your hand and draw 5 cards. Item, Challenge and Modifier cards can all be played at any point during the game to either aid you in your quest or to disadvantage your “friends” preventing them from winning the game. Don’t let the fact that the game came from Kickstarter put you off, the entire campaign was run to perfection and you can tell that from the moment to open the box, with a small magnetic clip to open the lid and the plastic moulding around all the cards and dice, plus the artwork is to die kill for!

That said, given the choice, I’d opt to play the slightly more involved and more open Here to Slay, if only because it does give you an awful lot of options and control over what you do in each turn. If you’re like me, and apparently incapable of rolling anything greater than a 7, you’d be delighted to know that these cards are for you. Monsters have various pre-conditions that need to be met before you can fight them, such as requiring a certain type of hero(s) in your party. The other method to win the game is to successfully build your raid party, this means having 6 different types of hero’s played out in front of you (including your party leader card) this is the more sneaky way to win the game and can sometimes leave the game ending on a bit of an anti-climax but nevertheless is still a win to brag about! Modifier cards can be played on your turn or an opponent’s turn to raise or lower roll values, while challenge cards are played in response to an opponent and cause you both to roll the D6s.

Play a few games first, meet Napping Nibbles and the squad, then come back and let me introduce you to the new gang. Here to Slay makes a great gift for any game lover, and is one of Pop Insider’s best geeky gifts of 2020! The first person to successfully slay three monsters, or build a full party with six classes, wins the game! In this game, you’ll assemble a full party of heroes to slay dangerous monsters while working to avoid the sabotage of your foes.

However, I’d be truly grateful for any support that you could offer – and it’s easy to do so at either of these links: Ko-Fi. There was even a card that was if you roll a 6 or higher you get a +5 to ALL your rolls if you discard ANY 1 card. There’s not a lot of risk riding on a game purchase like this, so if it sounds interesting to you, I say go for it and you won’t be disappointed.Whether you enjoy fighters, bards, wizards, or thieves, you'll find a party leader that's right for your play style - but choose wisely, because you only get one party leader for the whole game! In this festive Here to Slay expansion pack, you’ll find new card types, fun holiday artwork, and a brand new win condition! Those cards were the ones we had the most questions about both nights we played and it really came down to not being 100% clear on what we could and couldn’t challenge. You have to respond to the state of the game each turn and choose the right path of hero collection or monster slaying at the right time. It’s the same art style and quirk that Unstable Unicorns has and I enjoy with it’s own game play mechanics that make the game different.

Every turn feels like it has several interesting decision points, which is really nice in a game aimed at a more casual market. The game also includes items you can equip to your heroes, 1V1 challenge cards, and roll modifiers to tip the odds in your favor. It’s one of my go-to casual games and a great option when my wife and I want to have fun with a board game that doesn’t require too much time or brain power.

Warrior foxes come with some powerful effects (Critical Fang gives you +4 when attacking a monster, for example). This means that our wonderful team hand-measured every t-shirt size to ensure that we are giving you the precise measurements of the shirts as we received them from our designers and manufacturers. Each battle is a fairer and a more exciting contest- each little army is full of more exciting characters- and it’s a better two-player AND large group game.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment