276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Status Core ANC Active Noise Cancelling Headphones - Cloud - Over Ear Head Phones w/Built-in Microphones - Wireless & Bluetooth + Detachable 3.5mm Wired - USB-C Charging Cable - 30 Hour Battery

£99.975£199.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

PREMIUM FIT & WEARABILITY: Holy fit. Plush vegan-leather earpads envelope your ears for a fully sealed, sumptuous over-ear fit. There are two buttons on the left headphone. One for turning it on/on (pairing)/off, one for changing listening mode.

The headphone is in mostly plastic. The headband is supported by a thin sheet of metal on the outside in the sliding mechanism. Most surfaces has a rubbery finish. It is easy to leave fingerprints on it, otherwise it looks fine. There is a bit of small shiny plastic on the piece clamping the ends of the faux leather the headband. The right one of these are marked SAANC-FS in a muted gray. Otherwise there are no visible markings, so they are discrete and classy in that way. The faux leather is soft and feels nice against the skin. I've only tried to use the mic during meetings. It works, but it isn't really good (like most ones that is). I've only done so over Bluetooth. Not sure if it works over cable. The provided one is only three pin and I have no four pin male to male cable to try with. Most of the usability with these seem geared toward Bluetooth use, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is not wired in a way that makes mic work over wire. As I have already said, the Status Flagship ANC are intuitive touch control headphones, I can summarize the touch control system as ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLING: These headphones cancel out a staggering amount of ambient noise, up to 30 decibels. Do they cancel as much noise as our Flagship ANC Headphones? Well not quite. But they are less expensive, and still take a big bite out of those external annoyances.In my private opinion, the Status Flagship ANC doesn’t have any issues while wearing them with glasses. The clamping force is not too much and not feel pain around the temples area. But this might not be for some people. That depends on the shape and size of your head. So, if you are those who always wear glasses and have a quite big head size, over-ear headphones maybe not be your answer. The bass is so accurate but not too deep. The mids are outstanding and well-balanced. The treble is not outstanding but decent enough. It’s crisp and detailed and the level of highs and lows is well-balanced. Sometimes I think of sitting in a great concert hall. Noise Cancellation Noise cancelling: Aside from ANC, this headset does a good job muffling out sounds from the outside with just the padding. I also have never had an issue with bleeding sound. I tested it with my brother on full volume, and as long as the headphones were on my head, there wasn't a peep.

Now these headphone with the headband compressed to the maximum are still too tall. The cups sit about 5-10 mm too low when the headband is touching the top of my head. Combined with the relatively low clamping force, they move more than I'd like on my head and if I turn my head about 90 degrees to look over my shoulder the cup seal is broken on one side. The best way to listen to them is powered on and connected to AUX, without ANC. Sorry to say, the features you pay for only degrade audio and you need to keep them powered, even if you are physically connected to your source. Compared to the CB-1s, these sound more muffled across the entire spectrum (distortion?), bass is worst. Unfortunately a definite downgrade to its cheaper sibling. You are paying for features here, not price.

Contact

These are my first Bluetooth headphones, so I didn't know what to expect. Now I know, Bluetooth compression is clearly audible and further degrades SQ. These support aptX HD, which should supposedly alleviate this pain point somewhat, alas I have no source with the necessary hardware to test this. However, the battery life does drain faster than the Raycon Everyday Headphones. For example, I turned the headphones on at about(w/ full battery) 12:30 in the afternoon and by 6 it's at 70%. Raycons will stay at 90-80% for a good 2 hrs before dropping. They last the whole nap I take. I do like that there isn't an obnoxious voice saying "ANC Mode on" that's a plus for me. It's more of a gentle voice of a guy. The color is beautiful and the controls are easy to use. Even though it's literally in the product name the ANC is something they should not be proud of on these headphones. To comparison I have used the Bose QC 25 and the difference is enormous. But still the price difference is something to take in consideration (150 for the Bose).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment