276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Dying Fall: A Mystery: 5 (Ruth Galloway Mysteries)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is Elly Griffiths at her best, unfortunately at is ruined by one thing; the narrator's characterisation of Cathbad's voice. Jane McDowell's strident, grating voice would leave me clenching my teeth after only a few moments of listening. In the past he has read about people in fires being 'beaten back by the heat' and deep down he has always thought, 'Wimps. I will read the next in the series in case this was a blip because I liked the first few stories, but my worry is that the pressure to keep writing about Ruth Galloway leads to the books becoming poorly constructed and formulaic.

Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Miss Bates Reads Romance with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. I think the author is trying to show the unusual influences in Kate's life but it doesn't work for me. The letter tells of a great archaeological discovery, but Dan also says that he is scared for his life.

Ruth is, of course, keen to go, not only because this would be a fascinating mission, but because the bones were discovered by a long-ago UCL friend, Dan Golding. Puzzle solvers may find the clues too subtle, but all will enjoy Ruth’s largely self-aware sardonic perspective on life, death, and relationships. The acoustic memories of the handful of prisoners that have been released from Saydnaya form the basis of Earwitness Theatre, the work of artist and “private ear” Lawrence Abu Hamdan, which was first shown at London’s Chisenhale Gallery and with which he became the co-winner of the 2019 Turner Prize. He also became an archaeologist, and when he discovered some bones which he thought were King Arthur’s, he was targeted by a Neo-Nazi group because of the implications of the discovery.

It turns out that Dan’s laptop and cellphone are missing, and the police are already treating his death as suspicious.When someone from Dan’s university asks her to look at the bones, Ruth, Kate and her druid friend Cathbad all head to a rented cottage in the north of England, where Nelson is visiting his mom in Blackpool. One thing about this series is it’s best to guess the culprit is someone about who the reader might least suspect, but I know that now.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment