Magento Forum - UK Magento Forum (Unofficial)

An unofficial but dedicated Magento Forum for Magento Users, Designers and Developers

HTML5 Banner in CMS Block? (Newbie Warning!)

A forum for web designers working with the Magento system.

HTML5 Banner in CMS Block? (Newbie Warning!)

Postby crazycatlady » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:15 am

Hi Everybody!

I've made an HTML5 banner in Google Web Designer and I haven't got a clue how to get it to work in the CMS block I want it to appear in. Google Web Designer has a few options targeted towards specific advertising thingies (doubleclick or adwords) but if you choose "generic" it spits out an HTML file and a folder called "images."

I've tried pasting the HTML5 into the code-view editor of the CMS block, and then re-uploading all the images so that the code points to where the images are- but that didn't work.

I'm basically stabbing around in the dark... Anybody have any experience of doing this? Thanks so much!

Beth
crazycatlady

Re: HTML5 Banner in CMS Block? (Newbie Warning!)

Postby edmondscommerce » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:22 pm

sounds like you are doing something fundamentally wrong

do you want to paste up what you are putting into the CMS block?
edmondscommerce

Re: HTML5 Banner in CMS Block? (Newbie Warning!)

Postby crazycatlady » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:26 am

Yes, fundamentally wrong sounds likely considering I am making it up as I go along.... I'm out of the office today but my burning curiosity to see if anybody had answered got me to log in and check.

I'll post my code tomorrow when I'm back at the office - I'm very excited that anybody has responded at all, so thank you Edmondscommerce! :D
crazycatlady

Return to Magento Designers