276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Button Box (Picture Puffin Books)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I just fell in love with the story. I fell in love with Gwendy's character. And I hated one ole jerk in the book. I hated him really bad. Karma dude, karma. Songs from 'The Button Box' launched our Multicultural Arts Week. We adored 'Belly Button Boogie' and the 'Bombay Button'. The rap number, 'Button Your Lip', linked to our emotional literacy, is already a firm assembly favourite. Refreshing And Comprehensive Resource. A little novella of the legendary Stephen King. An entertaining read, enjoyable, short, finishable in a few days, if not one. Good enough to spend the time, but not exactly recommendable. First encounter with King. I've watched countless of his movies (Cujo, It, Mist, Misery, Shining, others), but first time on book. And why did I never venture before with the master of horror? Who knows. But the first of many, I hope.

Norma and Arthur argue over Steward's offer, complicated by the news that their son Walter's private school, where Norma teaches, will no longer provide a discount for his tuition. They open the box to discover it is 'just a bunch of wood', and Arthur chastises Norma for her fear, but no decision is made before they go to sleep.Everything you need is there. Owners left extras in fridge. Well worth the money we paid. Thanks to the owners.

There is also a short story at the end of the first book called, "The Music Room." This is a tiny short story by Stephen King. Just a little tad bit of horror to add to your day. The Button Box was the perfect show for our Primary 4's to perform this year! The children absolutely loved the story and the songs. We all had a wonderful time rehearsing the production and the audience thoroughly enjoyed the performances. I would definitely recommend this show to other schools and I would love to do it again in the future. Our favourite song was 'Belly Button Boogie', we even had the audience joining in on the last night! Fun To Produce And Perform I loved how so much was going on and every second of it was unraveling things as it was a powerhouse of a read. If this is just the start, I can only imagine what awaits in the second and final entries of this trilogy. I’m beyond excited and even though I won’t ruin anything for you, the horror in this book was also top notch which isn’t surprising due to these two incredible horror authors that wrote it.

Christmas Cards & Gift Wrap

powerful gifts are life-changing, for better or worse, you’ll never be the same after receive them… We've just finished our performances of 'The Button Box'. It was my second time doing your show and once again it was a huge success. The structure of it works so well for a primary school production... It's light-hearted, warm and very enjoyable for teachers and children to work on. Every night the audience walked out humming the tunes, so that's always a good sign!" ~ L Dryland, Teacher, New Zealand.

That one insane horror moment that happens in “Gwendy's Button Box” was so wild and descriptive, it made me make all sorts of weird faces while reading. I read that one scene a few times because it was that gruesome and being such a horror enthusiast, was brilliantly written to send a chill down your spine. It came at the perfect time and needless to say, was executed perfectly. Richard Farris (he does introduce himself) convinces her to have a harmless conversation with him. He has brought a gift that he wants to intrust to her. A button box, but not just any button box; one that dispenses chocolates with one lever and silver Morgan coins with the other. In exchange for the box, her only job is to keep it safe. After the utter shit that was Gwendy's Magic Feather, I swore I was done with this series, because that one absolutely stank. I should have listened to myself. He is, after all, reading a book called Gravity’s Rainbow, which frankly sounds like something a perv would read.

Multibuys

Another couple is offered the same box. They also decide to press the button; at the same time, Arthur shoots Norma while embracing her, and Walter is healed from his condition. It is implied that this mysterious offer will continue among other couples in the future. The final book in the New York Times bestselling Gwendy’s Button Box trilogy from Stephen King and Richard Chizmar. This was such an emotional read for me and to be honest, that’s pretty rare for me. That’s why it felt like a powerhouse of a read because it tugs on your heart while keeping you on your toes as to what will go down with this final task for Gwendy. She’s my favorite character in this entire trilogy because she’s so relatable it makes you want to root for her in everything she does. I connected with her character so much since she always does what’s right and well, that’s something I try to do as well in life. The Button Box' was absolutely fantastic! The variety of musical styles was tremendous, and there were lots of dance opportunities. From year 1 to year 6, everyone could be involved. The children loved it Children Loved It.

A journey around the world in song! The music is very varied and colourful, and the show is well suited to a large cast, making it an excellent whole school or end of year production. Gwendy Peterson, the woman who-- as a girl-- was originally put in charge of a box that could destroy the world, is now in her 60s and experiencing the first signs of Alzheimer’s Disease. She knows her condition will only get worse. Still, she has a mission: get rid of the Box once and for all. Kelly Wraps The Box". Sci Fi Wire. February 6, 2008. Archived from the original on September 15, 2008 . Retrieved February 6, 2008. So, Gwendy may lose personal weight but now she is gaining a responsability weight way beyond of her wildest dreams… The only downfall we found was the parking, our car is only small, but it was still tight getting in and out of the space due to the caravan that is parked at the side.

Books Multibuys

Moving along, I love this journey I’ve been on with Gwendy and this entire trilogy as it’s been such a reading adventure. It was great to go through all the phases of Gwendy as a little girl in the first one, an adult in the second one, and now as an older woman in her 60s. This novel was delightfully written in a way that not only gave some updates on previous characters met in the first two books but introduced another lineup of even more awesome characters. All our Yr 3 and 4s performed 'The Button Box' - a total treat for everybody. The children were still singing the songs well after the production was finished! Such Variety Before going further – I do need to say thanks to Richard for sending me a physical ARC of this – seriously blown away by that act of kindness. The epilogue also got me. The setting, the final note and the last gift. King and Chizmar decided to really make readers blubber and struggle to read through watery eyes. Pero en general todo es bastante superficial . No se termina de meter en el lodo en ningún aspecto .Me parece que carece de un aspecto fundamental en las historias Fáusticas, el dilema moral. Dilema Que se le plantea al protagonista y que te atañe como lector. Aquí por la propia historia o la estructura narrativa queda en el aire, en una mera insinuación.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment