276°
Posted 20 hours ago

House of the Dragon: Season 1 [4K Ultra HD ] [2022] [Blu-ray] [Region Free]

£12.495£24.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

HBO sent the SteelBook for purposes of this review, but it looks like this standard version comes with a digital copy and a slipcover. The shot of the Crabfeeder at 4:20 (Episode 3) from within the cave is a good indication of what HDR can do to expand color levels and contrast range. The environmental and ambient sounds are excellent in this series, with subtleties even in the quietest scenes. All the other technical aspects are superb just as you would expect- VFX, Costumes, Set design, etc. House of the Dragon: The Complete First Season is a fantastic first season of television for introducing familiar Game of Thrones audiences to a whole new time period with a captivating cast and conflict that is difficult to tell where it will go due to the grey moralities of most of its characters.

When she's not behind the keyboard typing away, she is travelling around the world, doing some yoga by the beach, weight lifting, and/or playing video games. Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item. It seems foolish not to include this miniseries with special features since they offer so much insight into the series. I'm a BIG fan of the original Game of Thrones series, well, let's be honest, up to about season 5, maybe, leaning into season 6. Consumer Products by Snow Commerce, which is soley responsible for the site's content and all aspects of your purchase.As the family splits into two factions, each side has their own valid points for what they do, making the line between good and evil murkier and the cast deliver incredibly well on these layered performances. finesse in production design (no errant coffee cups that I noticed) and costuming, if occasionally less than completely convincing CGI.

The music by Ramin Djawadi is top notch as always, reusing themes from the original show just in the right amount while starting to introduce all the new themes and leitmotifs. Even in the case of the exclusive featurettes, they feel more like a remixing of the other featurettes than something unique unto itself. My previous tv was a crt from the early 1990s, so you can probably imagine the look on my face while I watched this show.We will introduce you exclusively to Newpay finance products provided by NewDay Limited under this Introducer Appointed Representative arrangement. Fortunately, House of the Dragon exceeded expectations with a very strong first season that focused on its characters and the changing dynamics between them as the game of thrones is played within the Targaryen dynasty. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. You may not have noticed this before but the sounds of falling rain create an immersive effect as if you are in the room with them. When there are surround sound moments you can really get a sense of being immersed with audio that moves through speaker channels naturally.

It’s a shame, though, there are not any audio commentaries on any of the episodes from Condal, Sapochnik, Martin or the cast. We tested in cinema mode on two different TV screens, and both were on the dark side even in daylight scenes.

The prequel to Game of Thrones, HOTD is set 200 years earlier (172 years before Daenerys Targaryen is born) and focuses on House Velaryon, House Hightower, and the main events that lead toward the fall of House Targaryen. With the first season now collected on 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray and a ton of bonus features included, fans have even more reason to dive back into Westeros as we begin the long wait for season two. I think Dune was mixed like this too because I listened to the soundtrack and a couple of tracks got up or right around -1 to 0db which is as loud as digital can go. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. Some features only scratch the surface and can be repetitive with the same soundbites being used, but overall you get a ton of intriguing insight into House of the Dragon‘s development.

The features also make a point of how the creatives wanted to showcase the visual style of sets like the Red Keep and the power of the Targaryen dynasty with the architecture being more complex than Game of Thrones. And we know there are scenes that can be released as showrunner Ryan Condal revealed a deleted scene at the Game of Thrones Official Fan Convention a couple of weeks ago. Likewise, the whole scene when Daemon takes Rhaenyra to a brothel looks even worse than Alicent’s bedroom.

Just like HBO’s Game of Thrones series, episodes of House of the Dragon are presented beautifully on 4k Blu-ray Disc. Thrones had a pretty clear line between its heroes and villains – infamously so for its villains – but House is in contrast where all the characters are capable of morally grey actions.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment