276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ass Savers - Win Wing Rear Mudguards for Gravel or Road Bikes - Road for up to 38mm Wide Tires, Gravel for up to 60mm Wide Tires, Ultralight, Durable, Clip On, Secure Mount, Swedish Design

£14.975£29.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The fender offers zero spray protection for anything below the top of your seattube. If you have it on a full-suspension bike (like this Canyon Lux Trail), the pivots are still exposed to spray and the swingarm will still fill up with mud… or in my case pine needles. For the Tangential Coverage to work properly, the mudguard needs to be installed very close to the wheel. Aim for 5-10 mm tire clearance for maximum coverage. In reality, the Win Wing fits a lot of bikes that simply won’t fit conventional fenders – no fender mounts required. But the biggest compatibility feature might just be that wide 19-60mm tire width clearance range. That covers almost every road, fixie, all-road, cyclocross, gravel, trekking, and cross-country bike out there.

There are other clip-on rear mudguards on the market, but the Win Wing has taken a fresh approach to the problem. Made up of only four components, which are easy to assemble, the Win Wing attaches in seconds and can be swapped between bikes with ease. At the heart of the design is the wishbone holder made from glass fiber reinforced PA (polyamide), that attaches to the seat stays with two neatly fitting rubber straps. The rubber straps have been cleverly designed to sit between the wishbone and seat stays to offer your paint some protection. Ass Savers recommends fitting the wishbone close enough to the tire to achieve between 5-10mm clearance to the blade once fitted. The polypropylene blade easily snaps into position onto the studs molded into the wishbone and there are three positions available to allow for varying seat stay angles. A horizontal, or slightly upward tilting blade is optimum. There’s a helpful guide printed onto the underside of the blade to help achieve the best setup. It also moves the left-side slot away from the edge. So you can still secure the fender on your bike with a zip-tie, but with reduced chance of failure at a weak point there.Just as important as a tight fit is the angle of the blade. There are three different settings to compensate for the angle of your seat stays. Choose the one that allow a horizontal or a tail-up position. Avoid a tail-down angle as this will reduce the efficiency of the fender.

The key to understanding how the Win Wing works lies in physics: water and mud leave the wheel in a straight line from the tangential point of release,” says Ass Savers. And who would have suspected that this road & gravel fender is perfect for protecting your dropper seatpost? This might be my favorite surprise in mounting the Win Wing. The more dropper posts expand beyond mountain bikes, the more riders will have to deal with maintaining droppers.Ass Saver have produced a great new product in the Ass Saver Win Wing. Great for your gravel bike, easy to attach and won’t mark your seat stays… The Win Wings were remarkable. Quiet. Free of movement. Unobtrusive. And most importantly, effective." I later realized I’d positioned the Win Wing a little high. Ass Savers recommends that you “aim for 5-10 mm tire clearance” for the Tangential Coverage to work properly. That’s very close to the tire. As you can see in several of these photos, the bike I was testing it on happens to have mounts at just the wrong place on the seat stays. This prevented the Win Wing from being repositioned into the perfect spot. I tried it on a different bike the next day, and moving it a little lower seemed minimize forward spray, although conditions weren’t nearly as wet. Either way, the ass-saving function of the Win Wing makes it well worth it. The concept of the Win Wing is tangential protection. Putting the fender just a few millimeters above the rear wheel catches all of those tangential lines of road spray, right at the tire where they originate. Two key selling points for the Win Wing fenders are that they fit a wide range of tires ( and bikes), and they are lightweight.

It was a big leap from the original Ass-Savers that simply clipped onto your saddle. But oh, how much more effective these new fenders are! So, what’s actually new? There’s also a slot on one-side to secure a zip-tie around it, not to keep it from falling off, but as a mini anti-theft feature for when you leave your bike unattended. Ass Savers Win Wing – Pricing, options & availabilityBy shielding only the upper rear quarter of the wheel, the Win Wing eliminates spray from reaching the critical areas of the rider with a minimum of material.”

As unlikely as it looks with its partial tyre coverage, this mudguard really does keep you clean from the knees up.We have yet again rewritten the rules of fender design with our new, ultra-lightweight, clip-on performance mudguard – the radical Win Wing. A simple wishbone looped over your tire and strapped to the seatstays, the Win Wing fender stops mud and water right at the source. Ass Savers call it “tangential coverage”. The Win Wing stops spray at the tire, before it’s thrown towards your… ass. And I kinda love it, from road to gravel, even to protecting the dropper post seals on my XC bikes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment