276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Rega Fono Mini A2D Mk2

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It uses high-quality capacitors of Panasonic and TDK to enable precise clarity and low distortion. Its distinct low-noise power supply produces noise as low as -151dBV hence, offering a solid preamplification. Performance In the meantime, the iFi Zen Phono sounds good. There is no mistaking where the company's focus has been –the presentation is immaculately clean. There will be components costing two or maybe even three times the price that will struggle to dig out this amount of information and deliver it with this level of clarity. You can read more about his in our Difference Between PHONO and LINE Explained article. What is the difference between MM and MC Phono Preamps Remarkably, it creates perfect balance by treating every frequency with a similar texture and tone. This way, it gets to the high or low levels as long as your turntable allows it.

These days when we record something we do it digitally. The Rega Fono Mini A2D not only boosts and EQs the output from turntables, it also turns it into a digital signal. Plug its USB Type-B connection into a computer, and it becomes an audio recording device. You can then use any audio recording software on your computer to capture the output. Finally, this phono preamp works with enthusiasm to boast a fine sense of rhythm without any lumps or missed beats. Pros

Recording with the Rega Fono Mini A2D

The Rega Fono Mini A2D is what’s called a USB Audio Class 1.0 device. That means it’ll work without any special drivers with Windows computers, with Macs, and probably with Linux computers and many Android phones! For a frequency response of 20 Hz–20 kHz, this turntable preamp offers a natural and defined rich sound profile. A CD player usually puts out up to two volts. A turntable usually puts out up to … well, much less than that. Things aren’t so well defined with vinyl. But safe to say, the output will only occasionally be above one 1/100th of a volt (that is, 10 millivolts). Plug that into an input designed for two volts, and you’re going to get only the faintest wisp of sound. You can read more about this in our Do I Need a Preamp article. What is the difference between PHONO and LINE?

Also, a combination of the frequency response, SNR, and total harmonic distortion significantly affects sound overall stability and quality. Speaker Output Furthermore, Rega works very well with turntables and amplifiers, producing bold and powerful strokes. All these are thanks to the well-timing and dynamics offered by MK3. The audio signal output from a turntable is usually fragile, like 1000 times low, compared to a CD player. Therefore, there’s a need to boost the signal to reach the average line-level or AUX necessary for the modern amplifiers. Popular Science started writing about technology more than 150 years ago. There was no such thing as “gadget writing” when we published our first issue in 1872, but if there was, our mission to demystify the world of innovation for everyday readers means we would have been all over it. Here in the present, PopSci is fully committed to helping readers navigate the increasingly intimidating array of devices on the market right now.

Why do you need a Rega Fono Mini A2D?

It’s the kind of thing at which Rega excels, and it offers products that sandwich the Zen Phono in price. The Fono Mini A2D isn’t in the same league when it comes to features or build quality and doesn’t match the Zen Phono for detail, but its sound is overall more musical and engaging for two-thirds of the price.

The Fono Mini A2D phono stage is based upon the phono amplifier used in Rega’s Brio amplifier as well as taking cues from the Rega Fono MM, but offers a cost effective version at incredible value for money, along with an incredible performance. The Rega Fono Mini A2D phono stage is an easy to use phono pre-amp that lets you simply enjoy your vinyl record collection. What the Rega Fono Mini A2D MK2 can offer you For my needs, the Rega Fono Mini A2D MK2 sits perfectly in my living room HiFi rig, where I needed a compact, discreet phono stage upgrade over the built-in alternative. If you’re a DJ, you should pay attention to the ease and convenience of carrying the turntable preamp to your countless gigs. Preferably, find a tiny one that fits with other equipment in the bag or get one that comes with its carrier bag. The Pro-Ject Tube Box S2 sounds even warmer and smoother than the Rega Fono Mini A2D and I love it. Without missing great dynamics and details. It is absolutely fantastic. So far, I have not experienced any downsides with a tube phono preamp, if I look away from the fact that it has to warm up for a few minutes before it sounds great. But I was well aware of that. Remember always to maintain a strong signal level above the noise level, to get high-quality and clear audio. Generally, avoid buying a phono preamp with a low SNR. Total Harmonic DistortionDoug Brady had a passion for all things music and was instrumental in establishing some of the UK’s finest ‘High Fidelity’ audio electronic and turntable brands such as Naim, Rega and Chord Electronics.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment