276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lalique Encre Noire a l'Extreme Eau de Parfum Natural Spray

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Performance is above average. You get a bigger performance if you spray on your clothes and hair. You may get easily eight to ten hours of longevity. Sillage is not as strong, and you share its darkness within five to six feet. You get a good enough projection of more than arm's length until the third hour. After a couple of sprays, you notice a magnificent imposing gloomy cypress. The vetiver middle notes make themselves noticed almost immediately, embracing the cypress without choking it.

There are certainly dark and damp components to this! It would feel out of place in many situations potentially, and probably not attract a lot of attention at a mainstream club, and I could see this alienating some normie noses at an office. EN skews toward mature (not necessarily older) individuals, or those looking for an entry level designer scent as a gateway to niche level perfumery. I know it filled that role in my journey.Like many of the cheaper (but periodically amazing) middle eastern clone houses, I’m finding that sometimes, our dollar buys more than just a brand: rather, we pay for consistency and predictability of product. And the outliers can be rough. When I smell it, it reminds me of my time in Hawaii. Not of the commercial, Honolulu beach, drinking from a coconut Hawaii, but rather the nature aspects and the calm, untouched wet forest areas. It really smells so natural and beautiful, like a place untouched by humanity where only mother nature has done a thing, and you're here to see it. My final impression is that its a Cypress forward scent, with a vetiver base. In the opening and mid drydown its smokey but it loses it in the final phase. It is still an incredibily unique, evocative, nostalgic, dark, bitter green, artistic perfume. Maceration made it smoother, more rounded and dry woody. I still maintain my opinion about the performance, it is average at best, atleast on my skin. It is not a powerfull perfume, and it shouldn't be. This is not a fragrance you spray everyday, it wouldn't do it justice. This is one to enjoy alone, when the mood calls for it. This is a very interesting fragrance for me. Encre Noire lives up to the name; the first time I tested it I thought, "oh wow, this is exactly as described." People keep touting this fragrance as a sad, uninviting one, but I don't find it as that at ALL. You could definitely call it melancholy but even then I see it as just a very, very peaceful fragrance. It smells just like being at peace, whether you're sad or happy.

Love it! It´s pretty linear from first sprayed to the last drydown which I like alot and that is pretty unique for a scent. seperti Batman di Gotham City specifically in the dark alley: grunge, grieving, mysterious and assertive. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression…the dark side of the Force are they, easily they flow… once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you, it will…"

ENCRE NOIRE À L’EXTRÊME, Eau de Parfum

A L´Extreme has the nearly the same beginning as this one but is a bit more refined and differs in the drydown after 3h and a lot more going on there. This is not unwearable or 'hard to pull off'. While not exactly a compliment puller, I never had a negative comment on it. As for the people saying this fragrance is "sad", I really can't help but feel that you WILL find that in this fragrance if that's what you're looking for. However not everybody around you is expecting and looking for a sad fragrance. People I've shown this fragrance to have rather said it just smells peaceful, among other similar things. Wearability: 8.0 (It leans more toward the night-time and cold weather, although I consider it perfectly safe to use it during Spring and Fall daytime) For delivery to European Union countries, Norway, Switzerland and Monaco, the average delivery time is between 2 to 5 days from the date of dispatch.

My experience so far is happily similar to the majority: so far so good, and so, so wood. Buy it, and if you don’t like it on its own, layer it. Encre Noire is actually far tamer, potentially more conventional, and firmly unisex in reality. That is coming from someone in their 30s who loves oddball, left of center, avant garde scents, whatever you want to call it. I don't wear Aventus, Dylan Blue, Sauvage (no hate, just not my style). So take my opinions with a grain of salt. The opening is sharp and damp, and I love the cypress note. As it dries down the cypress recedes, and the vetiver note becomes more central. After the sharp opening, where the cypress blends with the vetiver as it transitions to the heart is my favorite stage of EN. I think of Encre Noire more as a piece of art than an everyday utility. The bottle reflects this point of view - it's stylish, but not very functional, and some of the aspects that make it stylish - the cube shape, the opaqueness - also make it less functional.

100 ml (3.3 Fl. Oz.) Natural Spray

The trees are mainly conifers, with their green needles and cones scattered on the forest floor. The scent of fresh pine is present, mingling with the earthy smell of damp soil and decaying leaves. The fallen leaves are a mix of brown, orange, and yellow, creating a patchwork of colors on the forest floor. Encre Noire delivers what it promises for sure. The very beginning does in fact smell like something one might associate with ink, but also filled me with a sense of impending doom in a way. It's very gothic and solemn. I decided to use it while going to the movie theater to watch Oppenheimer and it was perfectly fitted to the atmosphere of the story, so I guess it may tell you a lot about its nostalgic, but eerily gloomy fragrance profile.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment