276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pacific Rim [Blu-ray] [2016] [NTSC]

£17.775£35.55Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I was literally deaf for hours after rocking this Dolby Atmos surround presentation, but don’t get me wrong it sounds tender and sweet during the slower, more emotional moments. Knight's acquits himself admirably in what must have been a challenging project to tackle first time out of the gate.

As proven by the box office numbers, the majority of the moviegoers in North America felt the same way. And last but not least, fans of the HBO series Game of Thrones will feel right at home here as the music within is scored by Ramin Djawadi, also known for his work on Iron Man and Prison Break.I’m not usually a fan of all of these kind of tracks, but I do admit to watching this flick all over again while listening to this commentary and writing this review.

I'm bumping this because I bought Pacific Rim HDR and a 4K Blu-ray player over the weekend and it's glorious. And speaking about hilarious…that brings me to another character who absolutely had me in stitches…Burn Gorman as Dr.If you like a slow, thought provoking sci-fi story like "2001A Space Odyssey" then this most definitely is not for you! Huge metal monsters battle huge organic monsters but so incredibly real that when the film ends you suddenly wonder "where did almost 2 hours go"? DeKnight rides solo for this fairly informative commentary on various aspects of the production, the performances, visual effects and overall story. upon the stellar, previously released 2015 Blu-ray in every way: textural clarity, color, and black level perfection.

Starring John Boyega and Scott Eastwood, the sequel is pure popcorn escapism, placing more attention on the robot-vs-monster pandemonium than on character development or a thoughtfully engaging plot. And now we have actual proof as you can see in the photo, Whether you see it or not, the film fits right into the heart of the summer blockbuster action lineup with its sheer gargantuan size alone. These are good numbers and suggest high image quality without significant artifacts from starvation from inadequate bitrate (remember, video is always "lossy"). Pacific Rim' is GLORIOUS in Ultra HD with HDR/WCG and may just be the finest example of what the format has to offer.The disc presents a native 3840 x 2160p resolution image in the film's original theatrical aspect ratio of widescreen 1. The contrast is pumped in different scenes, but it’s purely intentional and rest assured never distracting. For the week that ended on June 30th, Universal Studios Home Entertainment's Pacific Rim: Uprising remained at number one on the Blu-ray-only and overall package-media charts.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment