276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Philips Avance Collection Quick Clean Centrifugal Juicer with XXL Feeding Tube and Drip Stop Function, 1 Litre, 1000W - HR1922/21

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While these amounts were sufficient in the context of the recipes, something about kale proved unnerving enough for the juicer to begin wobbling almost uncontrollably. Although for testing I normally use the most widely available sliced variety of kale, I decided to also test the Avance HR1922 with larger kale leaves. Yes, you can juice almost any kind of fruit or vegetable. Make sure you remove stones from fruits before juicing them. While setting 1 produced relatively clear juice with lighter foam, setting 2 resulted in a creamier, almost smoothie-like juice (if one could imagine a smoothie made out of apples and carrots) with a more intense flavour. I started by making the ‘Green Eyecatcher’ with cucumber, spinach, water and honey. The feed tube was quite narrow, so the cucumber had to be halved to fit in the chute; even then, pushing it through required some effort. It produced a good amount of juice and minimal, relatively dry pulp. Similarly, the spinach went through well, leaving little residue inside the juicing unit – although this may have been a result of the water washing it through to finish. Fruits like apples, pears, pineapples, grapes, pomegranates, oranges and melons, and vegetables like carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, celery stalks are suitable for processing in the juicer.

Avance Collection Juicer HR1918/80R1 | Philips

Turn fruits and vegetables into healthy drinks that you and your family will enjoy. Homemade juices with fresh ingredients can contain up to 90% * of the nutrients in fruits and vegetables. The Avance HR1922 is also dishwasher-safe – although after the pre-clean rinse you’ll unlikely need to use it. An additional advantage of a slow juicer is that you can put whole fruit into the machine. The juicer will extract the juice directly into the container. The pomace (skins, pulp, seeds, and stems) goes to a separate container. Cleaning the Avance HR1922 is made easy because of the pre-clean rinsing function. By pouring water into the hollow plunger and turning the juicer on setting 2, you can rinse out the juicer lid, the steel blades and the micro-mesh filter. Compact, but long and narrow in shape, with its feed tube protruding, the Philips HR1889 Viva looks similar to many other smaller masticating machines.Like other Philips juicers, it comes with a recipe booklet and features neat touches such as integrated cord storage. Next I juiced two medium-sized Granny Smith apples, which yielded 150ml of juice, with a little bit a pulp. This is a relatively standard result. The machine produced some amusing squeaking sounds while processing the leafy greens, but that is just part of the process and still more pleasant to the ear than the drill-like noise of some centrifugal juicers.

Avance Collection Juice jug CP0447/01 | Philips Avance Collection Juice jug CP0447/01 | Philips

Thanks to the unique MicroMasticating technology, Philips Slow Juicers grind and open up the cells to extract maximum nutrition.I started by making a double portion of the Farmers’ Market juice from the recipe booklet, which contains strawberries, apples, carrots and some cucumber. A handy drip-stop means the juicing bowl can be sealed without spillage. No cleaning brush is provided, but that hardly feels necessary here, since the filter attached to the squeezing chamber can be easily cleaned with running water. To test the difference between the two speed settings, I decided to juice a similar amount of apple and carrot. It became apparent that setting 2 yielded significantly more juice, also producing more substantial froth. Two buttons sit at the top of the machine: one for turning the juicer on and off, the other for the reverse function, which needs to be held down should any fruit or veg become lodged during the juicing process. Starting from the completion of this transaction, you will automatically receive 1 brush head every 3 months, until you have notified us that you wish to pause or cancel your subscription.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment