276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Gathering of Shadows (A Darker Shade of Magic #2): V. E. Schwab

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You can't wait to get your hands on the next book, but only b/c you love the story and are desperate to see what happens next. Lila has basically no power. She's an elementary student in magic. And yet she's competing with these champions. Who thought this was a good idea? Lila couldn't even be bothered to ask simple questions about the Games before she joined, like how they kept score. Now that I finished the book, I understand why Victoria Schwab made this choice and the last 40%? Brilliant, exhilarating, and as far as I'm concerned, PERFECTION. There's something to say about a fantasy plot that stays unpredictable, because trust me, when you read a lot of fantasy, it becomes rarer and rarer. This is why I'm rounding up my rating. this one makes with the action right away, in an opening scene revealing lila in a perilous situation, and loving every minute of it. kell was the primary focus in the first book, but here, lila has sidled her scrawny ass into the limelight and she's not giving it up for anything. kell and rhy will get their POV-time, but lila steals the show, as well as everything else that isn't nailed down.

A Gathering of Shadows - SAMPLE by V.E. Schwab - Goodreads A Gathering of Shadows - SAMPLE by V.E. Schwab - Goodreads

Lila latches onto that and uses it as her justification for making a metric sh*t ton of bad decisions that could have extraordinarily negative impacts on her, her loved ones, and the entire goddamn world(s). When Chief Inspector Magic tries to prevent her from making one of these many dumb choices, she responds, "You told me that I had magic in me. Now you don't think I have what it takes?" Um, you’re untrained and a full-on dumbass and you want this guy who actually knows his stuff to fan your already-enormous ego and tell you you can win a huge magic tournament? She simply felt the need to be irrational and to always go looking for trouble hoping that she will find them. And she always did. AND RHY. SUCH A PRECIOUS PRINCE. SUCH A PRECIOUS BROTHER. PLEASE LET HIM BE HAPPY, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK? MY SWEET BABY. And she does it again, to Kell, who knows more about her and more about the kind of magic she wants to do than ANYONE. And she’s just a total bitch to him and he’s all, “yeah ok” and kisses her stupid face. Ugh. I’m getting so angry AND putting off math homework that’s due in 37 minutes. It’s time to stop talking about Lila and try to wrap this shindig up. A Conjuring of Light is everything I wanted, desired, dreamed of–and then some." — The Booksmugglers

Lila stared straight into the flare’s red light until it burned the image out. She had more pressing concerns right now. The water was rising. The flare was dying. Shadows were slithering against the boat. Lila learns that she will be traveling to London for the tournament. She secretly plans to compete as Alucard will. Alucard continues to try to gain Lila’s secrets, and his magic lessons are paying off. Lila is becoming very strong. A classic work of fantasy." —Deborah Harkness, New York Times bestselling author of the All Souls trilogy Rhy, who is in charge of the tournament is hoping that it will show him as a symbol of power. He talks Kell into competing in the tournament in disguise as Kamerov Loste. K.L. Like the initials on his knife…the only thing that is truly his from his past. He doesn’t even know what it really stands for. Bastard,” growled Lila in English under her breath. He gave her a wink and murmured something about being soft where it mattered, and Lila silently vowed to kill him. Slowly.

A Gathering of Shadows: A Novel (Shades of Magic Book 2) A Gathering of Shadows: A Novel (Shades of Magic Book 2)

The Crone - (Video) - Follow the path to Crow's Crook and turn in the quest to Ornekka, by speaking to her and selecting "Shadows gather..." NOTE: While traveling to turn in the quest for Step 6, you may also loot the treasure items, Fractured Sunstone at coords 50.5, 22.1, and Lost Herb Satchel at coords 50.7, 28.7.

In Red London, Rhy is in devastating pain and is fading. Lila and Alucard find him and call for help. They realize that this must mean something terrible is happening to Kell. After an onlooker describes Ojka Lila knows he is likely in White London. Judging by the level of the water in the little boat, she had only a quarter of an hour—one flare’s worth of time—before she was well and truly in danger of sinking.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment