276°
Posted 20 hours ago

RHOD GILBERT: BOOK of JOHN [DVD] [2022]

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Rhod Gilbert And The Cat That Looked Like Nicholas Lyndhurst's description". Chortle . Retrieved 14 March 2017. I have every dvd he has made and personally rate him as one of the best British comedians of the last 20 years, consistently funnily, self deprecating and sometimes plain daft. Jimmy Carr shared a health update about his good friend Rhod Gilbert as he battles cancer. Comedian Rhod Gilbert announced he was undergoing treatment after being diagnosed with the disease in July. In 2006, Gilbert hosted the BBC Radio Wales comedy panel show Jest a Minute, live from The Comedy Store in London. The second series of Jest a Minute was recorded in late 2008 in Cardiff's Glee Club, hosted by Gilbert and featuring regular team captains Chris Corcoran and Lloyd Langford, and guests from the comedy circuit such as Elis James, Greg Davies, Lucy Porter and Jon Richardson. A third series was also broadcast.

Comedian Rhod Gilbert leaves BBC Radio Wales show". BBC News. BBC. 4 April 2019 . Retrieved 4 April 2019. Gilbert was Paramount Comedy's continuity writer and announcer between September 2004 and October 2005, providing end-credit voice-overs for their peak time programme schedule. BEST FACTUAL ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAMME WORK EXPERIENCE SERIES 9 (CARE WORKER) - CELTIC MEDIA AWARDS 2021In August 2010, the BBC commissioned eight episodes of Ask Rhod Gilbert following a successful pilot earlier in 2010. The show featured Gilbert, Greg Davies and Lloyd Langford answering random trivia questions, such as 'Who would win in a race, Usain Bolt or a grizzly bear?', posed by the public and celebrities, with additional celebrity guests on the panel. [19] The show ran for two series. [20] Jimmy said: "I'm promoting a DVD, it's very exciting and the good news is it's not my DVD. It's my friend Rhos Gilbert's. He's not been in the best of health. He added: "I'm feeling happy, positive and optimistic. I'm feeling good and feel like I'm recovering day-by-day." However, he did say there might be more to come. He said: "Some days I'm well enough to do a bit of writing and I've got a feeling when I've got through all this there'll be a show in it.

Rhod Gilbert tries out other jobs for a new TV series". BBC News. 8 January 2010 . Retrieved 14 March 2017. Armstrong, Stephen (24 August 2008). "Why the if.comedy shortlist is intriguingly short". The Times. London, UK . Retrieved 23 November 2009. Gilbert was also the host of BBC Radio 4's 4 Stands Up comedy series which aired in the Autumn of 2008 and has also appeared twice on Radio Four's Just a Minute, Radio 2's Does the Team Think?, and BBC Radio 4's Act Your Age. a b c d Hay, Malcolm (16 October 2006). "Rhod Gilbert: interview". Time Out . Retrieved 23 November 2009. In December 2008, Gilbert was signed for a campaign to promote tourism in Wales [6] and became the official Voice of Wales for the country's tourist board, fronting the 2009 Visit Wales television advertising. [17]

On 19 January 2010, Rhod Gilbert's Work Experience aired on BBC One Wales. Zipline Creative Limited worked freelance as producer/directors, editors and also camera and sound on the series for Presentable RDF. The four-part series saw Gilbert attempt a number of jobs including hairdresser, refuse collector, soldier and parent. [18] Following the show's success on BBC One Wales, the series aired nationally on BBC2 from 10 March.

All of which gives Gilbert something to focus on as he navigates a challenging period. “All my work has gone. My social life has gone. Everything has gone. Everything. It’s just me and this bloody cancer, really.” The postponed final seven gigs of The Book of John tour are scheduled for 2023: “Having them is something to look forward to, really. But I’m making things sound very gloomy, and they’re not.” Nominated for the Celtic Media awards 'Best Radio Personality' for the Rhod Gilbert Radio Show on BBC Radio Wales Welsh sensation Rhod Gilbert is one of the UK’s leading comedy talents. He has enjoyed many successful years as a star of television and radio and continues to uphold his esteemed reputation as a seasoned host,prolific writer and first-class live performer. On BBC Radio 2, Rhod has stepped in to host Steve Wright in The Afternoon, andhas held the reins for both Graham Norton and Dermot O’Leary. He hosted a one-off special: Rhod Gilbert’s New Year’s Resolutions which went out live on New Year’s Day. Early in his career, Rhod wrote and recorded a full series for the station; Rhod Gilbert’s Bulging Barrel of Laughs . Featuring regular guests, stand-up comedians and live music, the show was nominated for a prestigious Sony Radio Academy Award.His early stand-up world was also depicted in a one-off sitcom; Rhod Gilbert’s Leaving Llanbobl .

John is, I venture, a bulletproof device for bringing levity to heavyweight material. “Device? What!” responds Gilbert, and I worry that, with my barely concealed scepticism as to whether John actually exists, I’ve triggered another rant. But no: there’s a twinkle in Gilbert’s eye. “Until this show,” he says, “all my standup was made up. I think pretty much everything was entirely fictitious. And in this show, it’s not. It’s all true stuff that happened: the stroke, my mum’s Alzheimer’s, the fertility treatment. And John does exist. I did hire a driver for that year. But yes, there’s some comedic licence taken with our arguments.” He pauses. “To say any more than that would spoil it, wouldn’t it?” Episode 4, Series 4, The Unbelievable Truth". BBC Radio 4 Extra. 31 July 2014 . Retrieved 14 March 2017. The 53-year-old from Carmarthen spoke to Eleri Sion on BBC Radio Wales on Friday, December 9, and shared how he recorded the DVD show during his performance in Cardiff's Millennium Centre in April. The BBC reports that he was struggling with his throat "straight after that." After graduating, Gilbert travelled for a year and a half around Australia and Asia before returning to Carmarthen and working as an admin assistant for the Welsh Office. [5] He later worked as a qualitative researcher for several market research agencies in London. [4] Career [ edit ] Stand-up comedy [ edit ]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment