276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Fog

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Stevie's message to "look for the fog" through the radio is a reference to the final scene in The Thing from Another World, where the reporter character grabs the radio and tells the world to "watch the skies" for extra-terrestrials. After everyone leaves the church, Malone contemplates why he was spared given that there were only five deaths. The fog then reappears along with the ghosts and Blake decapitates Malone. Condensation Clue: One of the girls on the first boat to be engulfed draws a set of scales on the fogged-up window in a trance. Presumably this is to foreshadow the ghosts' desire to even the score against the town. Peek-a-Boo Corpse: Elizabeth is sitting around in the abandoned fishing boat when the corpse of a fisherman tumbles out of the overhead compartment.

Everytown, America: Despite being a seaside town, what we see of Antonio Bay fits the trope. The festival even looks a bit like a 4th of July celebration. Such a fun middle grade steam punk! Our 4th and 5th graders are always wanting dystopic books and start asking for Divergent and Hunger Games. I love having books like Fog Diver in my arsenal to hand them instead. The small coastal northern California town of Antonio Bay is about to celebrate its 100th anniversary. Among its denizens are Stevie Wayne (Barbeau), who runs her own radio station, and Kathy Williams (Leigh), who's in charge of the centennial celebrations. New in town is Elizabeth Solley (Curtis), an aspiring artist who has hitchhiked up from Santa Barbara. Everything seems peaceful enough in Antonio Bay, but on the night of the ceremony, a mysterious fog rolls in – and the fog wants victims... This book was really good. Lol. Yeah, I put that so eloquently and explained my reasoning really well, didn't I? But no, really, this book was really good. Let's clear my only problem with it out of the way before I start on the stuff I truly enjoyed about the novel...

The Fog has an excellent ensemble cast which is one of its strong suits and also, perhaps, one of its downfalls. There's really no major main character (even Adrienne Barbeau's Stevie Wayne - a radio DJ - disappears for large chunks of the film and never interacts with most of the other characters in the film). It's almost like if Robert Altman decided to make an ensemble horror film. Even more surprising is that Jamie Lee Curtis, Carpenter's star of Halloween, is in only about 15 to 20 minutes of the film and has no real character to speak of. First off, I have to say that I expected something entirely different from what The Fog Diver ultimately turned out to be.

Sinister Minister: Father Malone's grandfather, who participated in the murder of the leper colony (though it should be noted he felt some remorse for it). Father Malone himself is more of a Good Shepherd.

THE ARCHIVES

The Fog was part of a two-picture deal with AVCO Embassy Pictures, along with Escape from New York (1981). [2] Casting [ edit ] This novel - outlining the doomed and intertwined lives of Behrani, a former colonel in Iran and now struggling to have a life of dignity in the USA; Kathy Nicolo, a pretty young woman given a raw deal by life; and Sheriff Lester Burdon, who falls in love with Kathy against his better judgement - is such a book. And that's what I wanted: obliteration. Decimation. Just an instant smear of me right out of all this rising and falling and nothing changing that feels like living.” I love all the characters. Super-tetherboy Chess and his struggle with bravery or cowardice. Skilled mechanic Bea and her extremely candid nature. Smart and witty captain Hazel who sometimes takes on way too much responsibility, and strong Swedish whose loyalty never fails. Of course there is also Loretta but I'm still not sure how to feel about her past, so I don't trust her much (just yet). Nisha and Vidious the mutineers captains felt a little cliché at times but it didn't bother me too much. The Fog has been released on various home video formats since the early 1980s: Magnetic Video released it on betamax and VHS in the fall of 1980, [37] Embassy Home Entertainment reissued the film again on VHS in 1985. MGM Home Entertainment released the film on VHS in 2000 [38] before issuing a special edition DVD in August 2002. [39] Another special edition DVD was released in Europe in 2004. [40]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment