276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Amazon Basics Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker, 4 Litre, Silver

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This feature provides even heat distribution to ensure your food is cooked thoroughly, and is designed to work with any hob type Available in three, six or eight-litre capacities, this whizz of a device does all the cooking for you, automatically adjusting temperature, pressure and cooking time to produce a whole host of delicious meals in minutes. We love the variety too - while it may be pricey initially, it's an impressive seven-in-one gadget that acts as a slow cooker, rice cooker, sauté pan, steamer and more. Perfect for couples or small families, this little 3L device is not only a pressure cooker, but also doubles up as a slow cooker as well. It has eight preset programmes, each perfect for a specific food type, be it rice or meat or soup, as well as a handy timer so you can set it to finish cooking just as you arrive home. We also love that it comes in larger sizes, so you can choose the right capacity for your family.

In general, though, browning food first is an additional step that’s worth the effort, since it adds depth of flavor to whatever you’re cooking. Then, make sure to add enough liquid like water or broth to allow the pressure cooker to heat, build steam and create pressure. Typically, ​​pressure cookers require somewhere between ½ to 1 cup of water, but be sure to consult your owner’s manual and the recipe. It’s important to note: While you need enough liquid, you don’t want to go overboard. A pressure cooker should never be more than two-thirds full since you need to leave enough room for steam to build. I've got a Lagostina stovetop pressure cooker. Very easy to use and good safety features.” (Recommended by Mumsnet user HardasSnails) Our verdictINDUCTION SUITABLE - Unlike the aluminium versions, our stainless steel pressure cooker is suitable for ALL hob types, including induction. Regular Mumsnet visitors will know that one of the most recommended products on our forums is the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker (and has been for years). Size: Most pressure cookers have a 6-quart capacity — a suitable size for most families — but some are as large as 12 quarts. You can also find some smaller models if cooking for an individual or a couple. Just remember: You can’t fill a pressure cooker to its full capacity (only ⅔ full), so a 6-quart model won’t actually yield 6 quarts of food. Both are convenient methods of cooking because you simply place your ingredients in the cooker and it prepares the dish for you, with little intervention needed.

Any Pressure Cooker works as a tightly sealed chamber, generating and trapping steam as its contents are heated up. As they accumulate, water molecules forming the steam start to accumulate and increase the pressure inside. Thanks to their size and versatility, Pressure Cookers are ideal for Batch Cooking, particularly through braising and stewing. Beginners and home chefs will likely find electric pressure cookers to be more user-friendly since they more closely resemble slow cookers. Though bulky, the countertop appliances are generally pretty intuitive with easy-to-use controls, convenient pre-sets and clear LCD screens. Some even function as multi-cookers, doing everything from browning to slow cooking — some even air fry with a specialized lid. Like the Sage Fast Slow Pro, it’s a brilliantly versatile gadget and can be used for pressure cooking, slow cooking, steaming, sautéing, baking, roasting and grilling. Buy what really makes this gadget stand out from the rest is its ability to air fry. In fact, you may never need to use your oven again!A 6L capacity provides the perfect amount of portions for a large family, making meal times that much easier The large 4L pan capacity is perfect for cooking 4-5 portions of food for all the family and can easily accommodate perfect cooking of any large meat joint, whilst the bonded steel base ensures even heat distribution for perfect cooking. Suitable for all hob types, even induction. LET US TAKE THE PRESSURE OUT OF COOKING - The best pressure cooker should be built to last - which is why we offer a lifetime guarantee. The fact that you can just set it off and leave it is, IMO, the best thing about it and a total gift to parents. I don't do anything adventurous with mine, just one pot meals, or cooking up rice, polenta etc. Wouldn't want to be without it now though."(Tried and tested by Mumsnet user BessAndCress)

Decide whether you want an electric or stovetop pressure cooker. The main difference between an electric and stovetop pressure cooker is the power source. An electric pressure cooker is powered from the mains to create the necessary steam, whereas a stovetop cooker sits on your hob and heats up like a normal pan. If you're looking for an Instant Pot upgrade with advanced settings, look no further. The Instant Pot Pro has 10-in-1 functionality, including pressure cook, slow cook, steamer and sous vide, just to name a few. This model also offers five programmable presets for your own recipes. The pro has two pressure levels: high (10.2–11.6 psi) and low (5.8–7.2 psi).I like the fact that you can do a whole meal in one pan as you can sauté and then slow cook. I've started to use the pressure cooking setting more and more - it makes excellent rice for example."(Vetted by Mumsnet user QueenofLouisiana) Our verdict More people are turning to Airfryers for their healthy, everyday cooking alternative. Discover our Vortx Airfrying technology today and see why over 1 million people have chosen our Airfryers. I have a Kuhn Rikon stovetop pressure cooker and it would be instantly replaced if anything happened to it. Brilliant for soups and cooking pulses - I do a big batch of beans and freeze them. It’s a zillion times better than a slow cooker and makes amazing macaroni cheese."(Recommended by Mumsnetter MoltoAgitato) Our verdict One-Touch Ultima Pressure Cooker with Detachable 60-Minute Timer Brown, boil, steam, braise, stew and roast a range of delicious dishes with Tower’s Ultima Pressure Cooker It depends on what you're looking for - in terms of budget options you can't beat the Tower 4L Pressure Cooker, but for something a bit more stylish the Lagostina Mia Pressure Cooker is a solid, reliable option. In terms of large-scale cooking, opt for the Kuhn Rikon Pressure Cooker. How we chose our recommendations

INDUCTION SUITABLE - Unlike the aluminium versions, our stainless steel pressure cooker is suitable for ALL hob types, including induction. We think that the best pressure cooker for all-round efficiency and quality is the Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, a hugely popular gadget with Mumsnetters and found in thousands of kitchens country-wide. Like other models, the Chef iQ Smart Pressure Cooker has a host of cooking capabilities, including pressure cooking, steaming, slow cooking, searing, sautéing and sous vide. It even has a built-in scale for precisely following a recipe. Unlike other models, this one has a standout feature that’s particularly appealing to budding home chefs: more than 1,000 presets and access to more than 600 guided recipes and culinary how-to videos. Plus, you can control the appliance using your smartphone via WiFi or Bluetooth. With six preset settings - including pressure cooking, slow cooking, searing and sautéing - and dual sensors that keep an eye on your ingredients, adjusting temperature and pressure to suit, this multi-cooker is a little more expensive than the average pressure cooker, but more than makes up for the price tag thanks to its huge versatility and space-saving qualities. This multicooker from Cuisinart goes up to 15 psi and won top scores in our slow cooker test, making the most tender beef stew out of all other multi-cookers. Experts loved how simple it was to use — the large LCD screen makes it easy to read each function and the clearly labeled buttons are lit making everything easy to see. The timer allows you to see exactly how much more cooking time remains before completion and once finished, a new stopwatch will start showing the time that the food has remained in the cooker. When coming to pressure, progress bars appear on the screen to let you know what stage the machine has reached. The same will happen when it is releasing pressure — bars will lessen until all pressure is released.I have had a cheap Tower pressure cooker from Argos. It’s been excellent and I have no complaints at all! I use it most weeks as a pressure cooker and also the large pan size is useful for cooking other things.” (Tried and tested by Mumsnetter MissingFriendandSad) Our verdict For a couple, or a small family, a three-litre capacity pressure cooker should be sufficient for most dishes. But if you cook on a larger scale then consider a pressure cooker with a capacity of at least six litres which is enough for a larger family or for batch cooking. I use mine every day. It does everything!” (Recommended by Mumsnetter Fairydustandpixies) Our verdict

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment