276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dressmaking: The Easy Guide: Mix and match skirts, sleeves and necklines for over 80 stylish variations

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The language of sewing and dressmaking is demystified at the beginning of the book, as well as the equipment you need to get started. Browsing the shelves in fabric stores is a favourite pastime for sewists! Touching fabrics in person is a great way to get an idea of what your garment will look and feel like once sewn. It's still easy to make the wrong choices though, so read our tips to avoid the trap of buying up a pretty print only to find it doesn’t behave in the way you'd hoped! I do have to mention that I didn’t receive “All About Gathering “…a repeat of “Contour Darts”, the previous module, appears in its place. Not being very technologically-savvy, um, I’m not sure what can be done about that, and I’m wondering if everyone else who bought this class has the same issue.

Guide To Dressmaking For Beginners - The Stitch Sisters Guide To Dressmaking For Beginners - The Stitch Sisters

Her expert tuition has attracted students from around the world and she regularly makes guest appearances on national television. Search Press supports the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC), and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA). Nothing is left unexplained; and stunning images of the finished dresses, on a mannequin and on a model, are interspersed throughout the book to inspire your own finished pieces. In this comprehensive, informative book, Helen explains how to create beautiful, customized dresses for every shape and size. Choose the exact size that fits and flatters you from a bespoke sizing chart that takes into account differences in body size across bust, waist and hips. Trace off your pattern pieces, then create a sample (toile) in calico which you can then adapt to create the dress of your dreams, in your own choice of fabulous fabric.Helen was fortunate to grow up by the picturesque coastline of Gower in Swansea, Wales, where she still lives. She creates beautiful, timeless, handmade gowns from her studio. Helen has gained a solid reputation for her superlative dressmaking skills which has led her to naturally share her knowledge and passion through teaching. As well as cutting accurate strips and shapes for patchwork, rotary cutters are great for dressmaking. They make it easy to cut out layers of fabric together, but do experiment with how many you can cut at once without compromising on accuracy. Hi Nikki and Rachel, I just did a preliminary run through of your dressmaking class and I want to thank you for such a comprehensive class for dressmaking. Wow! It’s a class I’ve been hoping for and, lo and behold, there it is! Can’t thank you enough.?. You nailed it!!

Dressmaking: The Easy Guide - Booktopia Dressmaking: The Easy Guide - Booktopia

As a fully qualified teacher and lecturer, Helen Rhiannon set up the ‘All Sewn Up Wales’ sewing workshops in 2010, designed to help people learn and develop new skills, whilst meeting like minded creative people. She runs sewing workshops regularly, teaching people how to make items such as bags, toys and naturally garments. Helen enjoys being able to inspire others from aged 6 to 106! For more information on Helen’s work, visit www.allsewnupwales.co.uk where you can also find an extensive online sewing shop, a wide range of tutorials and Helen’s YouTube channel.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment