276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dreadnought: Britain,Germany and the Coming of the Great War

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

On the German side, the Tirpitz Plan is described, and the way that the Imperial German governmental structure permitted its funding is explained.

This is one of those books that just flew right by me because I was into it right away and loved it throughout. But then in health class when the teacher starts talking about reproductive systems, I get this feeling of cold invasion.A thoroughly enjoyable, emotionally rich, action-packed story with the most exciting new superheroes in decades. The plot centers around Danny’s trans identity, how she adjusts to the world finally seeing her as a girl, and how she could never give that up. This is so spectacularly dumb, and yet I completely believed that these two teenagers would totally do it. There are some things, like hypertech, which certainly fit in the setting, but are a little bit harder to suspend disbelief for.

It's hard to walk from one end of school to the other without getting shoulder checked in the halls. So Danny Tozer is a transgender girl who is hiding her identity from her family (and everyone else), barely surviving by expressing herself by painting her toenails in secret.

Given the fact that Greywytch is nothing more than a political ideology, readers lose out on this important thought exploration. I came into Dreadnought fresh off the Extraordinaries, a much better queer YA novel–and I made it six pages before Danny’s mental voice wore me out. I kind of predicted a few of the twists, thanks I’ll say to foreshadowing much earlier in the book, but some of them were new.

It’s not often that trans people get to take center stage in literature, and it’s wonderful to see such a positive, optimistic trans girl get to be a superhero. They’ve given me some good food-for-thought regarding the explanations behind Danny’s transformation, and some problematic ableist moments, but have also reaffirmed my conclusion that this is a kickass superhero novel with a fantastic sense of humour. Danny's having a moment to herself when superfamous superhero Dreadnought drops out of the sky and dies in her arms—but not before passing her his powers. I get to my feet and peek around the wall, and there across the road, a black and red cloud is blooming from the top floors of an office tower.

Another explosion rips through the building, blasts the top three floors to glass shrapnel, and like a stunned yokel I just sit there and stare.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment