276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Making Faces

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This was the first book on beauty I encountered that suggested to me that makeup can be used to express a feeling, a facet of yourself, an aspiration of who you wish to be in the moment. It was such a big deal for both of us. We worked together a lot after that. If I worked five days in a week, three or four of them were with Kevyn,” Crawford recalled years later.

Kevyn Aucoin Making Faces | Space NK

urn:oclc:471665624 Scandate 20100421221554 Scanner scribe1.sanfrancisco.archive.org Scanningcenter sanfrancisco Worldcat (source edition) In 1999 he received an honorary diploma from Harvey Milk High School for his support of gay and transgender youth. [17] Personal life [ edit ]In 1986, Vogue’s sittings editor Polly Mellen booked him for a cover shoot that would be shot by the legendary fashion photographer Richard Avedon. The virtually unknown model was young, with bombshell brunette hair, pillowy lips, and what was to become her signature beauty mark…a young Cindy Crawford. This cover – and, more specifically, Crawford’s meticulously painted face – pushed Aucoin’s career into gear. Alan Cumming, Tori Amos, and More Attend the 2017 Emery Awards Honoring Kevyn Aucoin". Vogue . Retrieved November 22, 2017. The colors, textures and finishes Aucoin created in the New Nakeds would serve as the most influential direction of the latter part of the century, and visible as brands MAC, Bobbi Brown, and Laura Mercier all launched with their version of the products Aucoin created years earlier. Moore, Booth (May 8, 2002). "Kevyn Aucoin, 40; Celebrity Makeup Artist and author". Los Angeles Times . Retrieved March 21, 2018. In 2001, he launched his own makeup collection, Kevyn Aucoin Beauty. Many of the products in the collection have since achieved cult status: in fact, his Sensual Skin Enhancer, Neo-Highlighter and Sculpting Contour Powder are still sell-out products in today’s saturated markets.

Kevyn Aucoin-Making Faces | PDF - Scribd Kevyn Aucoin-Making Faces | PDF - Scribd

I've kept it through several moves, including a period of my life where all my belongings were split between the three friend's houses I was couchsurfing on. I've never completed one of the looks featured in the book. That's not what makes the book so valuable to me.You may also opt to downgrade to Standard Digital, a robust journalistic offering that fulfils many user’s needs. Compare Standard and Premium Digital here. He was in a long-term relationship with Eric Sakas, who remained a close friend after their breakup. Sakas later became president and creative director of Kevyn Aucoin Beauty. [2] Aucoin started stealing makeup from local stores, as he was too embarrassed to buy. Then he would then spend hours practising makeup application techniques and transforming his younger sister Carla to look like a model (he gave his first makeover when he was 11 and she was five). At age 15, he dropped out of high school after two classmates tried to run him over with a car. Shortly after, he enrolled in cosmetology school – and it wasn’t long before he surpassed his teacher’s abilities and began teaching the classes himself. Dennis, Alicia (December 11, 2008). "Fashion Influential #44: Kevyn Aucoin". Zimbio . Retrieved March 21, 2018. The day Aucoin was born in Shreveport, Louisiana – February 14, 1962 – “was my best Valentine ever,” recalled Thelma Aucoin, who adopted him one month later. He was the first of four children the Aucoins adopted because they could not have biological children.

Making Faces by Kevyn Aucoin

Kevyn does a really great job of encouraging the reader to experiment with makeup, and not just with colors, but also with the way you apply it, location, tools, and more. He does a GREAT job of summarizing styles throughout the decades and gives you step-by-step instructions with color and makeup suggestions for you to replicate the looks. I especially loved the history of the "Eyebrow" (30s thin brows)and "lip" (50s full lip). I really loved the "film noir" and "hollywood bombshell" looks. Part of an ongoing series of 29Secrets stories, taking a deep dive into the history of legendary beauty products and iconic fashion and pop culture moments…The BVLGARI OMNIA Fragrance Collection is a timeless collection transforming the unique sparkle of coloured gemstones and the radiance of the most delicate flowers into precious drops of light. Aucoin eventually found his birth parents, and was able to personally meet them and his half-siblings. After the section on basics, there's a section of "looks" developed for ordinary people (male and female) alongside their own stories, which makes the book very accessible for those who might feel distant from the subject. The next section, which is entirely celebrities, is more "glamorous" but gives you the details of how to acheive those looks as well.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment