276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Van Holten's Hot Pickle Hot and Spicy Jumbo 290 g (Pack of 4)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

cups sliced green chilies I am using a combination of jalapeno peppers and serrano peppers - See NOTES on peppers Seasonings. Use 1 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder,1/8 teaspoon onion powder (or use 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida in place of garlic and onion powders), and 1/2 teaspoon each fennel seeds, fenugreek, and salt. The Peppers. Slice the chili peppers into rings and add them to a large bowl. You can use chopped green chilies if you'd like, but they look so wonderful in the finished recipe when sliced. We’re wondering – do you think we can reuse the brine since we just made today? My husband is thinking of using for other veggies from the garden – jalepenos and red peppers?

Hi! I am very partial to okra, too! It has become as hard as finding hen’s teeth to find good okra here in Raleigh, NC, crazy. On the off chance I do find some may I ask what kind of oak leaves you might use if necessary? Some species are toxic and we have so many kinds of oak trees here in North Carolina. (Not as many as we used to in Raleigh due to silly overdevelopment. Getting off soapbox now.) You'll want your onions sliced quite thinly, so I suggest using a sharp Chef's knife or a Mandoline slicer for this step. You can either slice it in whole circles, or chop the onion into halves, and then slice those pieces. Place the sliced cucumbers and jalapenos in a large bowl. Heat up the brine over high heat until the mixture is simmering. Cook for a few minutes and stir to make sure the salt dissolves.Great recipe! I've made it several times now and every time someone asks for the recipe and/or asks me to make to again. It's one of those things that is incredibly difficult to stop eating once you start. This recipe takes about an hour to make, assuming 45 minutes of chill time, and will last in your fridge for 2-3 weeks. Note that this has to be stored in an airtight jar or container in the fridge, and the recipe as written, is not meant for canning. I've been a home cook for over 45 years, owned a successful restaurant, and catered every type of party imaginable. I'm here to help you create sassy southern recipes that are easy to make and loaded with flavor!

Let it cool for awhile, then place the top on the jar and refrigerate overnight for about 12-24 hours. Boil your vinegar solution, then pour it over the okra. You will see it start to bubble, as the vinegar will be seeping into the pods. Here’s a short video of what it looks like. Add the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan over low to medium heat and heat - keep stirring until the sugar and salt dissolve completely (this takes about 1-2 minutes depending on your stove).Place all the veg in a sterilised airtight jar, add 125ml of water, along with the vinegar, salt, sugar and herbs and spices, if using. Close the lid and give it a good shake. Stir or shake jar until the sugar is almost dissolved. Close the lid and leave at room temperature for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes until there is no more sugar showing at the bottom of the jar. To sterilise your jar, simply boil it with the lid and any utensils you’re going to use to fill the jar, for 15 minutes, making sure not to use any unsterile items until after you’ve sealed the jar. Heat up the water, vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper, mustard seeds, and dill in a saucepan over high heat until the mixture is simmering. Cook for a few minutes until the salt dissolves. Question when I finish eating them is the brine reusable? Could you just ad more cucumbers or should I make a new batch?

We are trying to manage our salt intake - but I did think a bit more salt might be good. Wondering if anyone else found this? Grind the Seeds and Combine. Grind the seeds into coarse powder in a spice grinder, or use a mortar and pestle. Add the ground seed mixture to a small bowl. Add turmeric, garlic powder and onion powder (or asafoetida, if using) and mix to combine. I recently tried this recipe with the cucumbers I harvested from the garden and we all love them. I do the spears with my dehydrated cayenne peppers and the round slices without the extra spice. I’m so glad I came across your recipes. I’ll be trying this with other vegetables..Super easy to make: This recipe comes together in literally 15 minutes, and needs basic ingredients you probably have at home. Chili Peppers. Use 1.5 cups sliced or chopped green chilies. I am using a combination of jalapeno peppers and serrano peppers - See the Recipe Tips & Notes section on pepper choices. In a large mason jar (such as quart mason jars), add the dill, garlic, red pepper flake, and chopped onion into the bottom of the jar. If you like VERY spicy food, you may want more than 1 tablespoon of red pepper flakes. However, I’d suggest for the first time starting on the lower side and work your way up. Bake the Jars: Next, preheat the oven to 250°F. Place the jars in the oven for about 20 minutes until the cucumbers turn a shade darker.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment