276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nikon D3500 24.2MP DSLR Camera + AF-P DX 18-55mm VR NIKKOR Lens Kit + TRD ® 20 Piece Digital Essential Kit

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Well, I meet a lot (and I mean a lot!) of people doing photography every year. Many of them(!) prefer an OVF over an EVF. Still, the 18-55 AF-P Kitlens is way better, than the crappy EOS-M 15-45mm Lens, with all Sorts of optical Flaws, see the Ming Thein Review via EOS M6. Not putting a mirror and OVF in a camera is still an expensive business and for anyone short of cash this must be a tempting bit of kit however experienced or old they are plus possibly not wanting to shell out even more money on a pile of spare batteries constantly recharging them and losing the shot while changing one. No, the camera is not the "best", but for the price it is hard to beat. Simply put, it is "good enough" for most."

My main point however was that the OVFs on budget crop sensor DSLRs are too dim and of too low magnification, and that the EVF on a MILC will be larger, brighter and clearer. Which aids composition. The Z50 was meant to fall probably somewhere between the D7500 and the D5600 if you wanted to use that as a scale for things, although I think the D7500 has dropped in price, possibly below the Z50. If you can't create a decent picture with the D3500, then you're never gonna make it with any other camera.Built-in pop-up flash can be used to provide additional illumination when working in low-light conditions. A hot shoe is also available for working with an optional external flash. We are no longer in the year 2010 (the pre-mirrorless era). Times have changed. Technology has changed. What is now available to us has now changed. It's like when we went from manual focus cameras to autofocus cameras, people would say, "If you can't handle the basic task of manually focusing your lens, then just leave photography! If you can't learn how to 'manipulate' a lens to get an object in focus, then just quit photography!" Silly statements that didn't age well. As technology changes, so do people's expectations.

People coming from smartphones would not be coming at all if they wanted exactly the smartphone experience. They want a different experience. It's silly, into this priceclass, to draw people into DSLMs. A hell old A6000 for instance is sensor-wise inferior to the D3500, end of story. And the EVF is PITA! way worse, than the good EVF with the same 1.44 MP on my V1, which is 2011. Unless something has drastically improved (overnight) with the smartphone images I'm seeing, the D3500 + kit lens will leave the smartphone image in the dust as far as resolution is concerned. I know, but my smartphone image color is so pretty! It is not a bad AF, it works well in the D3300 and earlier models and it surely isn't worse in the D3500. For me, those pinpoint AF points makes the camera much more useful than 151 focusing points as I never use any P or auto settings on any camera.So I saw the d3500 as a 'test' to see if Id like to lug a camera around. In a year or two if I find a physical camera practical then I can upgrade to something like the fuji xt4x or get proper full frame camera.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment