276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Morpho: Simplified Forms: Anatomy for Artists: 2 (Morpho: Anatomy for Artists)

£5.995£11.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You’ll learn about both the male and female figures accompanied by many visual studies to help you understand anatomy. If you’re torn between a few or just want one anatomy drawing book, I highly recommend the Figure Drawing for All It’s Worth, by Andrew Loomis. It’s a great book both for beginners and veteran artists. Eyes, mouth, nose, ears, hair… You need to know how to draw each of these along with their positions and proportions. I only wish the entire series of Morpho books had been larger! Honestly, why weren’t they produced with that honor? Still, despite the size and the fact that another Morpho book I received, not even in a language I understand, holds a precious, respectful place on a shelf in my library.

Even though it’s more on the technical side of learning, I love Bridgman’s gesture. The way the author builds up the form and shapes of the body is beautiful!And this book is great for that. It’s very well organized, going from the overall shape of the body to explaining each part of it, step-by-step. Not only that but it is very well organized, full of different sections for every part of the body. If you want to understand how each part of the body works, this is the book for you.

This book avoids going into too technical terms and details of the human body, giving you a good understanding of anatomy with many visual examples.And the same goes if you want to learn anatomy. Again a very extensive visual guide of both the male and female bodies. You’ll learn how to draw the human body in many different positions and actions. This book does have a section about them, covering the most important aspects so you can better draw your figures, which I feel is more than enough! Not only that, but beyond the photographs, this book shows you studies and comprehensive drawings showing the muscles, bones, and shapes on top of those photographs.

In general, this is a great reference book if you want to learn more about expressions. This goes both for artists and animators alike! Constructive Anatomy has almost 500 illustrations and it will show you the body both in motion and repose. Every little bit of detail of the human body will be shown here. Overall I think this is a really good book to have at home, either if you’re a beginner or an advanced artist. You’re always learning something new. Constructive Anatomy, by George B. Bridgman It’s a very comprehensive book, full of references both from real life and studies/drawings. For that reason, I think it’s a very good addition to your art book collection, either if you’re a beginner or a more advanced artist! Morpho: Fat and Skin Folds: Anatomy for Artists, by Michel Lauricella And since you’re taking drawing the human anatomy seriously, get started right now with my post on the best anatomy drawing tips for beginner artists!With that said, this book will not only show you the overall shape of the body but also goes through joints, muscles, and bones in a very simplified way. This is something I always recommend my students to do. When in doubt, find a reference and draw shapes on top of it. Nothing like a hands-on exercise to clear out any doubts and understand better how to draw the human body. The Morpho books are all very good and I recommend all of them. There are several volumes that will teach you about the overall figure, more static or dynamic poses, or even specific areas of the body. Not only that, but it shows different shapes that you can use. There is no true way of drawing the human body. You can use different kinds of shapes and still produce a faithful drawing of a person.

Ohh this book! It’s at the top of my list of books about art and even artists. I have a pretty extensive library of art books. I do because I am an artist myself and because I love art. It is what drives me, excites me and has helped me evolve as a human being. I hope that’s not too dramatic but I believe art brings us to an understanding of who we are. That and finding our breath. It is very visual and shows us different body styles, as well as faces and ages. In my opinion, the Morpho books are very good to draw studies from. So it’s important, after learning the fundamentals, to broaden our horizons and master different heights and weights. In this book, Michel Lauricella presents both his artistic and systematic methods for drawing the human body—with drawing techniques from the écorché (showing the musculature underneath the skin) to sketches of models in action. In more than 1,000 illustrations, the human body is shown from a new perspective—from bone structure to musculature, from anatomical detail to the body in motion. I use these in tandem with other resource like the Robert Beverly Hale books on learning from masters (drawing and anatomy), Glen Vilppu manual, Michael Hampton figure drawing book, the Sheppard anatomy for artists book, and a few more popular books for anatomy in drawing circles. I don't think this is a buy just one book on anatomy type of book, but a pretty much mandatory supplement in terms of the features I've mentioned above. No affiliation; just like this book!The main reason I add this book to the list is that here, you have both drawings and photographs of real-life models. So it’s no wonder that Bridgman is another highly recommendable master to learn from. Even though this isn’t a big book (compared to many others from this author) it is very detailed and visual.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment