276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Capstar Flea Treatment Tablet for Medium and Large Dogs 6 Pack green (packaging may vary)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Capstar is a one-hit wonder for an immediate solution to your pet’s flea problem, but it does not provide long-term prevention. It targets adult fleas, but not eggs or larvae. Capstar also comes with a relatively high price tag for a short-term fix. The answer to this question ultimately depends on the individual dog and their specific circumstances. Your veterinarian can provide guidance on how often Capstar should be given based on your dog's medical history, lifestyle, and current flea infestation level. If you are looking for a flea prevention and control medication that provides long-term protection for your dog, you may want to consider other options such as monthly flea preventatives. These medications are formulated to provide a sustained release of the active ingredients, keeping your dog protected against fleas for an extended period.

There are no specific drug interactions with nitenpyram. Be sure to tell your veterinarian about any medications ( including vitamins, supplements, or herbal therapies) that your pet is taking. With over 1,500 stores nationwide, you can find the products, PetSmart Grooming, training, PetsHotel boarding, Doggie Day Camp, and Banfield veterinary services you need. If your pet has fleas, even after using Capstar, it’s important to give your home and any bedding your pet uses a thorough clean. Vacuum underneath and behind furniture, wash any bedding on a 60-degree cycle, as well as use a home treatment designed to kill fleas in the environment. CAPSTAR Tablets begin working within 30 minutes. In studies, CAPSTAR achieved greater than 90% effectiveness against adult fleas on dogs within 4 hours and cats within 6 hours.Can a vet provide guidance on how often Capstar should be given to a specific dog based on their medical history and lifestyle? If your furry friend is infected with fleas, one of the options that are worth considering is Capstar flea treatment for dogs. The product is manufactured by Novartis, a Swiss pharmaceutical giant that has been in existence since 1966. However, it is only effective in killing adult fleas that are on your pet’s body. You need to combine it with other topical solutions to be sure that no fleas will survive on your pet or in your home.

I have never used Capstar on any of my cats, but I have heard that as it kills the adult fleas in the first hours, causing the cat or kitten to truly go bananas -- the fleas do not die peacefully, and they run around on the animal and bite a lot while they die. But it looks like you already were anticipating that. Treat all infested pets in the household. Fleas can reproduce on untreated pets and allow infestations to persist.A single, female adult flea can lay as many as 2,000 eggs during her lifetime. These eggs develop into larvae, then pupae, and finally into adults within three weeks. Capstar ® stops this cycle by killing adult fleas before they can lay eggs. Because it does not treat the immature stages of fleas, additional doses of Capstar ® and other preventative flea medications may be necessary to eliminate infestations. Capstar® Directions I would caution anyone before using CapStar or Nitenpyram on their cats. I cannot say for sure that the seizure was caused by the medication, since he has had one before, but I can say that the medication definitely had some kind of effect on all three cats, that appeared to be some kind of effect on their mental state. It is certainly not normal for a cat to stay in the exact same spot (that is not a normal "spot") for over two days. This short-acting medication should stop working within 24 hours, although effects can be longer in pets with liver or kidney disease.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment