276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Summer Skies

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Doctor Who -kirjasarja ei ole Jenny Colganin oma, vaan pohjautuu suosittuun Doctor Who -televisiosarjaan, jonka fani Jenny on ollut jo lapsesta. Sarjassa oli ilmestynyt jo kymmenen kirjaa ja Jennyn ensimmäiseksi kirjoittama Dark Horizons -kirja oli Doctor Who -kirjasarjan yhdestoista kirja. Leipominen on Issylle edelleen rakasta puuhaa, joten hän päättää avata oman leipomon. Uudessa urassa riittää haasteita ja Issy päätyy tapaamaan mielenkiintoisia ihmisiä. Colgan is 51 now. Her children are growing up. How have her ambitions changed? She thinks about this for a moment. Jenny Colgan on yksi suosikkikirjailijoistani ja luen hänen kirjojaan silloin, kun kaipaan kevyttä hömppää.

Morag is a first officer or copilot on an A320 plane and Gregor is a teacher of ornithology at university, who half the year lives on one of the tiny islands north of Scotland where he studies, what else, the birds. When Morag is more or less forced to intrude on Gregor’s isolated island life the story becomes pure delight for me. Löydät alta kaikki Jenny Colganin kirjasarjat kirjojen julkaisujärjestyksessä alkuperäisen julkaisuajankohdan mukaan.

The BBC ran a book programme for years and I’ve sold nine million books about Scotland written in Scotland by a Scottish person. They didn’t have me on once. Not one single time.”

Ik geniet altijd van de verhalen van Jenny Colgan. Net zoals anders neemt Colgan ons mee in het verhaal, verbindt ons met de hoofdpersonen en geeft ons een warm gevoel. I loved this book SO much - not only because Jenny Colgan has written another lovely story and characters into existence further exploring an island in a world we already know and love (looking at you Little Beach Street Bakery) but because I got to read it on my first trip to the Northern Scotland and London!

New York Times bestselling author Jenny Colgan takes us to the gloriously windswept islands of northern Scotland, where we meet young Morag McGinty, who runs the puddle-jumper flights that serve the islands’ tiny but proudly feisty population. Tämän sarjan kirjoissa mainitaan toisten osien hahmoja ja hahmot tuntevat toisensa, mutta kirjat eivät suoraan liity yhteen. Henkilökohtainen mielipiteeni tästä kirjasarjasta on, että pidin sen ensimmäisestä osasta, mutta sen jälkeen kirjat eivät ole enää olleet sitä parasta Colgania. Colgan wears that success lightly alongside the T-shirt and Havaianas flip flops she’s sporting today. It’s the last bank holiday in May and the sun is shining on Fife. We’re sitting in the 20th-century castle which Colgan shares with her marine engineer husband Andrew, their three teenage children and two dogs (one of whom, Nedward, seems to have fallen in love with me).

I tend to not figure it out. I tend to set everything on islands that have very bad mobile phone reception.

Best-selling Scots author Jenny Colgan on what men get wrong about women

Ensimmäistä kirjaa seuranneet kolme viimeistä kirjaa on kaikki myös julkaistu yhdessä yhtenä kirjana nimeltään * Rantakahvilan joulu. Pilote Morag MacIntyre probeert weer op te krabbelen na een traumatisch incident dat haar zelfvertrouwen en haar plezier in het vliegen heeft geschaad. Haar stoere masker heeft ervoor gezorgd dat ze bijna weer mag gaan vliegen en ze wíl haar ‘normale’ leven ook weer oppakken, maar diep vanbinnen weet ze wel dat ze daar eigenlijk nog helemaal niet klaar voor is. Wanneer haar opa, die in zijn oude en gammele maar getrouwe vliegtuig Dolly bewoners, toeristen en poststukken tussen de eilanden van de archipel in het noordelijkste stukje van Schotland vervoert, haar hulp nodig heeft in het familiebedrijf, besluit ze terug te keren naar huis om zijn vliegroute tijdelijk over te nemen. Het kan nooit lang duren voordat ze weer helemaal klaar is voor het grote werk, toch? Terwijl Morag grapjes gebruikt om haar eigen gevoelens weg te lachen, slaat de sfeer toch om. Er ontstaat ruimte voor een diepgaand gesprek waardoor je beide personages goed leert kennen. Ze worden levensecht neergezet en het is haast onmogelijk om ze níét in je hart te sluiten. Ook Barbara en Frances zullen een plekje innemen, want íédereen heeft een Barbara en Frances nodig in diens leven.

Only with complete and utter disbelief. I didn’t have connections. My dad taught woodwork. It’s just amazing. Sounds about right, Colgan agrees. “Nobody likes anything that comes too easy. It doesn’t feel worthwhile.That’s just a truism about human nature. It’s nice that my dog is really keen to be petted, but if that was a human being you’d probably think that was a bit weird.” Romantic fiction is, she reminds me, the single biggest genre in publishing. That’s why the upcoming First Date, Scotland’s first ever romance festival, under the auspices of Edinburgh’s Lighthouse Book Festival at the Scottish Storytelling Centre later this month, is long overdue, Colgan says.My last aviation peeve, although not central to the plot, is that pilots don’t apply for new positions by flying a simulator of a plane they haven’t been trained in. Once again, pilots are highly trained and can’t just fly any plane or simulator. Polly-sarjan kirjoja ei ole vielä käännetty suomeksi (mutta aikuisille tarkoitetun Beach Streetin pieni leipomo -sarjan kirjat on kaikki suomennettu). Colgan’s readers are largely women, and often older women. Does it matter if men read them? “No, I don’t suppose it does, really. Is it always a delight? Yes, it’s really lovely and I think it says a lot about any kind of person who will read what they want to read regardless of what the Sunday Times tells them is supposed to be decent literature.” But she is not convinced. “I don’t think writing is something you give up. There’s only so much piano you can play. You just end up working on something. Actually, Ian Rankin is on a year off and every time I see him I say, ‘Are you doing any work? ‘Just a bit.’” Tämän kirjasarjan kirjat pitää mielestäni lukea järjestyksessä, sillä niissä seurataan samoja henkilöitä ja tapahtumat kehittyvät kirjasarjan edetessä.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment