276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Juey Knitting Needles-Chunky Knitting Needles That Are Big, Thick, Extra Long (25mm x 60cm) Use these Wooden Large Knitting Needles For Chunky Knitting Projects. Handcrafted UK Made and Gift Boxed

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As I mentioned before, I was going to keep you all updated on the progress of this chunky blanket. And, here it is! Update: 6 Months Later I did a whole post on their Velky Blanket and Peruvian highland wool. After everything, all the methods, all the wool, this is the one that I was FINALLY happy with. The good news is once you get your hands on the proper knitting materials, you don’t need to worry about trying to decipher complicated patterns or a lengthy set of instructions. In fact, you can create something truly eye-catching in no time. Fancy giving giant knitting a go? We’ll show you how to make your own super size needles on a budget, and how to use them to knit a scarf from our chunky Crazy Sexy Wool. The recommended yarn for arm knitting is Premier Yarns Couture Jazz. I found mine from Yarn Canada. The color I used was beige but it looks like a warm grey to me. I tried to render the photo above as close as I could to the actual color of the yarn.

I now had 14 skeins of wool! If it didn’t work this time, everyone I know would get a beige scarf for Christmas. Ho, ho, ho. Here we are, almost a year later. I wanted to drop an update about what’s happened with my chunky knit blanket…

Be the First to Share

The giant knitting needle method doubled the time and cost. But, I did end up with something I loved vs. a big ball of unraveled yarn or 14 beige scarfs. I liked the results far better vs. arm knitting because it wasn’t full of holes and didn’t look netted. These often come with the drawer pull handles but if they don't, you need a screw that will pass through the entire knob and into the rod, so at least 5mm longer than the knob is tall. empty yarn cones (like the ones our old Jersey Be Good cones came on!) OR make a cone from a flat piece of cardboard As our friend Marie Segares from UndergroundCrafter.com said, "I'm always excited to see any movement that gets more people interested in fiber crafts like knitting and crocheting. Besides all of the health benefits of these hobbies, they are great ways to make beautiful things!"

The final cost was 160 CDN. That included 14 skeins of Couture Jazz Yarn, my ridiculous knitting needles and a bottle of Advil. So, clearly, arm knitting wasn’t for me. The results fell flat. If you like a loose-knit, or if your arms are small enough to keep the stitches tight together, you should give it a try. I followed the arm knitting instructions, and I didn’t make a chunky knit blanket. When I was knitting, I liked how it looked but, when I finished, however, I wasn’t happy at all. I went hunting for the best “learn how to arm knit” tutorial online and on Youtube. They are all, for the most part, the same. They all promised a blanket in less than an hour with step by step instructions. Perfect! Start by taping an empty yarn cone to each poster tube – this forms the pointy tips of the knitting needles. If you don’t have one, make a cone from a flat piece of cardboard.Recently, you may have seen an inordinate number of images on the internet of oversized blankets, enormous scarves, and unbelievably large knitting needles and thought to yourself, “Huh?”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment