276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Written for highly sensitive introverts, this book depicts the author’s journey from a driven, high-achiever to someone who accepts her sensitive side. If your busy lifestyle is causing anxiety, depression, and stress in your life, this book will resonate with you. At chapter 5 the only thing remotely helpful it's said is to advise to mute commercials when watching TV as commercials are intended to be highly stimulating. Everything else so far either doesn't apply to me (even though I scored high on the test included), is insulting and generalities to non-HSP people, contradictory or obviously false. In other words, I know I tire easily after being around people too much, and need restorative alone time, (despite the fact that I might seem like a social butterfly on the outside), and I know that I have a low tolerance for doing B.S. jobs that aren't "on the front lines" (Aaron says HSPs often crave meaningful careers).

While it is wise to accept what we cannot change about ourselves, it is also good to remember that we are never too old to replace discouragement with bits and pieces of confidence and hope.” – Elaine N.Aron, PhD, The Highly Sensitive Person This book so far has been all over the place. It's talking about "highly sensitive" to outside stimuli, but then talks about sensitivity in regards to being caring and nurturing, as if those things are the same or always go together - which is untrue. The healing methods the author uses in this book is rooted in Christian theology . But there are also self-reflection exercises to help you be in touch with your authentic self and embrace your gift as an HSP. Reading this book makes you feel that you are not alone. The Healed Empath by Kristen Schwartz is a forthcoming (January 2022) guide to transforming trauma and anxiety, trusting your intuition, and moving from overwhelm to empowerment. Topics include setting boundaries, transcending unresolved trauma, and strengthening self-reliance. I cannot wait to read! For many of us, this is the book that first taught us what it means to be a highly sensitive person — and how we can tap into this trait to live our best lives. Dr. Elaine Aron is the psychologist who, along with her husband, pioneered our understanding of high sensitivity, and first helped it gain recognition as a valid, normal, healthy trait.

Bonus: My Book on Highly Sensitive People and Depression

Echoes from the past?And how about this well-meaning warning: "You're just too sensitive for your own good." Perhaps surprisingly, there's little to no discussion of that emotional sensitivity or touchiness over comments from others. Instead, Elaine Aaron's use of "sensitive" is actually "over arousal" in the nervous system: over-stimulation. Still, much of what she discusses applies to certain aspects of my personality: intuitive, sensitive to others' moods, pulled by inner conflicting voices (difficulty w/ decisions), conscientiousness, cautious, pleasing, worried about making mistakes. If these same traits resonate with you, I think you'd definitely find this book an excellent source of food for thought.

This book so far is a mess. It's mixing up meanings of "sensitive" as if they're all interchangeable, and throwing in political stereotypes and even some religious new-agey stuff. Okay, I get it; we're affected more than most. I have enough imagination that I don't need things spelled out for every aspect of life. The Highly Sensitive Person's Companion: Daily Exercises for Calming Your Senses in an Overstimulating World Are you easily overwhelmed by such things as bright lights, strong smells, coarse fabrics, or sirens nearby?

This book is written specifically about highly sensitive people and their careers. If you find it difficult to fit into your company’s culture or you feel frustrated about finding a career that works for you, this book will give you a few pointers. This remarkable book . . . gives a fresh perspective, a sigh of relief, and a good sense of where we belong in society." —John Gray, author of Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus But there’s still a lot of misunderstanding in the world about highly sensitive people (HSPs), and there are still HSPs out there who don’t understand their trait. Countless others know they are highly sensitive, but still struggle to deal with overwhelm, anxiety, and simply being understood.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment