276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Palatine Professional Shed & Fence Paint 5lt | Oil Based paint for use on Sheds & Fences (Anthracite Grey)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Using a fence paint is a great way to add colour and character to gardens. In fact, many displays at national gardening shows and events demonstrate how painting a fence can enhance and transform outdoor living spaces. And, with so many garden paint colours to choose from, there’s no limit to what can be achieved. Oil-based fence paints are available in fewer colour options than water-based paints, but they tend to have richer, more vibrant colours. They're also more challenging to apply, and they require a brush or roller that's compatible with oil-based paints. Additionally, they emit strong fumes during application, so proper ventilation is essential. Many of the paints on our recommendation list are examples of trade paints. You may be wondering, what exactly is trade paint? Well, the majority of paint manufacturers generally develop two versions of their paints, a retail version and a trade version. The trade version is higher quality, has better durability and offers a higher coverage, while the retail version is lower quality and comes with a smaller price tag because of this.

The first step when painting any surface is to properly prepare it, as this is the key to long-lasting results. When using a wood preservative prior to painting, it’s important to make sure that the preserver does not contain wax, oil or silicon. These types of wood preservative are often labelled as being water or weather resistant. Overall it’s hard for me to ignore this, especially after the incredible job it made of painting my shed too. It’s pretty much perfect for any rough wood in the garden. And that’s probably it’s only fail point. DO NOT TRY TO USE THIS ON SMOOTH TIMBER– 😂 here’s a look at my total test fail: However with that all said, this is a shed at a different angle – they would both need to be in view to be obviously noticeable I think – I hope this helps. Can I change my fence colour from red/brown to grey?Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for preparation, application, and drying time, and apply the paint in thin, even coats for best results. Can you paint over paint on a fence?

There are several colours in the Ronseal Fence Life range including: Gold, Medium Oak, and Dark Oak. I’m focusing this review on the Dark Oak colour which dries as a dark chocolate and has a matt finish. It’s a rich, warm colour to use in the garden. One coat should be sufficient on most rough-sawn timber if painted over a lighter colour. The good news is that there is a safer more environmentally version called ‘Creocote’. This Creosote substitute is perfect for use on sheds and fences and is available in light and dark shades of brown.i2pc pros_icon=” icon icon-thumbs-o-up” cons_icon=” icon icon-thumbs-o-down” show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” ][i2pros]Semi-gloss or flat finish Wood varnish - a clear, tough and hardwearing coating that enhances the beauty of wood while also offering a protective layer

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment