276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Thousand Heartbeats: Tiktok made me buy it! A compelling new romance novel for young adults

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We’re following two characters through this chunky boi of a novel. Annika is a princess, but things aren’t all glitz and glamor. Her mother disappeared years before, and her father has kept her close ever since. Lennox is part of a clan that lives in an area the other six think is uninhabited. His father was beheaded during a mission into Annika’s kingdom, and he’s holding a bit of a grudge. Making matters worse for him, his mom is in a relationship with the leader of the clan, and that guy is abusive and awful. Lennox is sent out on a mission to prove his loyalty and runs into Annika out on a ride with her fiancé (who is also pretty awful), so logically, Lennox kidnaps her. He just doesn’t quite know what she is capable of. Princess Annika has lived a life of comfort—but no amount of luxuries can change the fact that her life isn't her own to control. The king, once her loving father, has gone cold, and Annika will soon be forced into a loveless marriage for political gain. After Annika and Lennox’s worlds collide, they can’t stop thinking of each other. Annika has waited her whole life to find out what love truly feels like—but could it be that she’s found love with someone she can never have? Paste: I know A Thousand Heartbeats is meant to be a standalone story, and the book’s epilogue does leave everything in such a satisfying place overall. But could you ever see yourself revisiting this universe in some way?

A cross between The Hunger Games (minus the bloodsport) and The Bachelor (minus the bloodsport), this trilogy launch is a lot of fun. Cass deftly builds the chemistry between America and Maxon, while stoking the embers of America’s first, forbidden love.”— Publishers Weekly -In the grand scheme of the plot, those were minor details. But there were things kind of like that at different points throughout the book. Just little things that didn’t make sense. Cass: Oh my goodness. I’m just realizing something like RIGHT NOW. Almost everything I write has a reluctant romance in it. Friends to lovers, enemies to lovers, etc. And I love to read that, too! Or like, the guy you completely wrote off but turns out to be more than you expected? I love it… I think the big difference here is the way I’m telling the story. Having two different people tell the story and needing to arrange their timelines so they coincide neatly was a real challenge. But, for me, it was so rewarding, and I hope the readers enjoy seeing the same thing unfold through two different sets of eyes at once.

PRAISE FOR THE BETROTHED: "Fans of The Selection series will anxiously await the second installment of this duology to learn Hollis’s fate." — School Library Journal Cass: I’ve learned to never say never when it comes to any of my characters or worlds. Right now, there’s nothing in my head, but that doesn’t mean something won’t come. I have more of The Siren, and there are things from The Selection world in my head, so you really never know! But when love, against all odds, finds them both, they are bound by its call. They can't possibly be together—but the irresistible thrum of a thousand heartbeats won't let them stay apart.Paste: Tell me about doing a dual POV story for the first time—was it more challenging to try and shape the story from the perspective of both lead characters?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment