276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dear Dinosaur

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you’ve got a dinosaur-obsessed child, these could be great starting points in finding out more information. In a world of mutant dinosaurs in Utah, Zach tries to find which dinosaur infected him with reptilian blood.

The story from Chae Strathie is sweet, and sure to appeal to young dinosaur lovers who dream of having a prehistoric friend of their own. Not only is the book fun in and of itself but there are many opportunities here for extension activities (writing a letter, anyone? A mashup of The Beatles 1968 song “Dear Prudence” combined with the slowed lyrics of Was (Not Was)’s 1987 song “Walk The Dinosaur”. With easy to access text and pronunciation guides, together with information on where and how dinosaurs lived, this is a must-have resource and a potential classroom favourite. I read this with my young nephew and he enjoyed it, in addition, his older brother came over and had a peak as we read (not to mention taking the book to read on his own afterwards).

Keep your children entertained on rainy days or when you're out and about with this fantastic dinosaur-themed activity booklet. The illustrations are bold and vibrant which allow for the story to come to life, in addition to the fold out features which allow the letters/postcards become tangible. The clear and colourful pages are dotted with dinosaur facts and jokes that all dinosaur lovers will enjoy.

I liked the pen pal idea, so I started being a pen pal with some family I am not able to see at the moment. Head to this child-friendly article from Twinkl NewsRoom about one of the smallest dinosaurs ever discovered, which comes with a time-saving reading comprehension pack. Written in short diary-style chapters, her adventures in the modern world will keep lower KS2 children hooked until the final page. The unique aspect about this book, having actual letters (or cards or postcards) for kiddos to open, is a fantastic idea.Dinosaur Multiples Game - Kids will love this interactive dinosaur game, which tests their Maths skills. There’s also a series of songs for EYFS, and KS1 music lessons, to help link together different subjects on the theme of dinosaurs. A comprehensive guide to all prehistoric living things – both animals and plants – and the world they inhabited. Nicola O’Byrne’s colorful illustrations fill the book’s large size with extra dialogue, additional facts and fun drawings. A regular at major book festivals, Chae has toured the length and breadth of the UK and visited schools as far afield as Romania, reading his stories, acting the goat and singing silly songs about worm ice cream and beard-growing.

I'm only a little bit concerned about the flaps, because the pages are quite thin and I'm wondering how long will the book stay in one piece.Jan Tolkien is an educational consultant and literacy expert based in North Yorkshire with extensive experience in a wide variety of settings. Enjoy reading letters and postcards in three different texts: Dear Dinosaur, Dear Postman and Dear Father Christmas. STEM Learning offers a free set of downloadable lesson plans for KS1 and KS2 covering extinction, fossils, Mary Anning, the scale and size of dinosaurs, classifying dinosaurs, the Jurassic Coast, and a song to teach children about palaeontology.

If you have been to a dinosaur museum or display talk about what your child remembers about the visit. Learn about fossilised footprints and their sizes; make dinosaur feet, masks and a cape; create dinosaur movements and routines for a final dinosaur stomp! Using facts from the story and from more things you find out about, T-Rex, Compsognathus or any other dinosaur (see links below). A little boy is sending messages back and forth with a T-Rex and it's delightful to read their letters.

Using life-size examples including eggs, feet and even a T Rex mouth, children can discover and appreciate the sheer scale and size of dinosaurs. London Grid for Learning LGfL features a stunning set of free videos, resources and inclusive worksheets to download – about dinosaurs – for EYFS, KS1 and KS2. Little by little, Max’s genuine caring and kindness ultimately lay the foundation for true friendship. An innovative and exciting hardback that traces the origins of common household pets, such as guinea pigs, dogs and goldfish, right back to their prehistoric ancestors.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment