276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Light in the Flame: A Flesh and Fire Novel

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Even though I was a little annoyed near the end by Sera’s unending inner talks about her feelings for Nyktos, I still like her as the main character. She is still strong and determined to do whatever it takes to help the mortal realm, and also the Shadowlands because she came to care for the people she met there. The author did a splendid job with her, and I will be happy to read another book with her as the main character, as long as the long inner monologues are toned down a bit. His stolen power. It was mine. His pain. It would be mine. Vengeance. Retribution. Blood. Mine. All of it would be mine. Listening to the audiobook instead of reading the book made Sera’s inner monologues feel even longer and more repetitive. I will leave my 4-star rating because it’s the rating I gave the physical copy of the book, but I would give 3 or 3.5 stars to the audiobook because it felt SO. LONG. 😖 So much happens in this book and yet we are not really close to the figure out why the gods/primals all went to sleep and how Sera ascended. A Light in the Flame made me obsessed with Jadis and Reaver!! ik they are kids and basically baby drakkens, but i ship them so much. 😭 Jadis being a little menace and chasing Reaver around, while he is so grumpy and annoyed at her, but still secretly cares a lot about her? 😭😭😭 i love them. 🥺👉👈 their scenes were so cute in this book and it makes my heart hurt for Reaver and Nektas, knowing that Jadis is missing in the FBAA series. i need Jadis and Reaver to get together!!!

I had different expectations to how Sera and Nyktos's relationship would develop in the sequel but I was hoping the miscommunication between them wouldn't have been as present and that what mainly bothered me. Here it seemed they kept going through the same cycle at times.I had to process this book for a bit after finishing it, because my feelings are complicated! I’ve been riding so hard for FBAA and I really enjoyed the first book in this prologue series, but this book made mad for different reasons. Romance- The chemistry between Sera and Nyktos is off the charts. It's so easy to root for them. Romance is one thing that kept me interested and reading, instead of just skimming through this book. Trust me y'all will love it. Also, I admit that they're the superior couple.

Nyktos has a plan, though, and as they work together, the last thing they need is the undeniable, scorching passion that continues to ignite between them. Sera cannot afford to fall for the tortured Primal, not when a life no longer bound to a destiny she never wanted is more attainable than ever. But memories of their shared pleasure and unrivaled desire are a siren's call impossible to resist. ALITF takes place right after the heartbreaking events of book 1. In terms of plot, there isn’t much of any really. This felt completely character driven to me. Sera is battling her own demons, grief, and self-loathing. She is also attempting to make amends for her actions of book 1. There are so many reveals and questions answered in this one which I really appreciated because I feel like JLA has just dragged us along for several books. The communication between Nyktos and Sera was APPALLING… again created for the sake of conflict and angst, but again unnecessary at this level. And ironic because most of this book is filled with dialogue 🤷🏻‍♀️. Speaking of communication, one of my pet peeves is when modern language is used in a book where it does not belong. It really throws me out of the story. Sera is every ounce the absolute QUEEN we know she becomes and I have never read a character who so viscerally and accurately depicts the internal and external realities of living with and trying to manage anxiety. Her journey to find her own identity, and then in turn her self worth, will cut you straight to the core and then slowly help you find healing, strength, peace, and hope in the midst of it all. So much of Sera’s journey revolves around finally being “seen”, and in reading her character I feel so very seen and my heart is entirely overwhelmed by that in the best way.My heart does hurt for both of them. Their love story is somewhat tragic for two individuals who are not even familiar with the concept of love.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment