276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Grave Expectations

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thank you the author Alice, Atlantic Books and NetGalley for the ARC, this review is my personal, unbiased opinion. Given her obsession with crime shows—not to mention Sophie's ability to walk through walls—Claire decides they're the best people to solve the case. After spending several years in London, Alice now lives in Cork in Ireland, where she watches giant ships, makes crochet animals, and plays video games where you can set things on fire and make elves kiss.

Thankfully Claire has Sophie to help otherwise, as Sophie quite rightly puts it, nothing would get detected because Claire is rubbish at it.

I did try and struggle on with it but by chapter 16 I just skipped to the penultimate chapter to find out who done it. Claire Hendricks and her dead friend Sophie come to conduct a seance for a party and get involved in a murder mystery.

When 30-something freelance medium Claire Hendricks is invited to an old university friend’s country pile to provide entertainment for a family party, her best friend Sophie tags along. After spending several years in London and Brighton, Alice now lives in Cork, Ireland, where she reads a lot of books, makes crochet animals, and plays video games where you can set things on fire and make elves kiss. Sophie is a great character and I imagine/hope we will be seeing more of her and Claire, Basher and Alex in further books. The accent was a little difficult for me to understand at times, so I did end up listening to this at around 2. The fact that they don’t actually know who has been murdered makes solving the mystery much more difficult, and there are red-herrings and distractions galore.

Sam Blake A really unique concept paired with whip-smart writing and lots of heart -- Heather Darwent, author of The Things We Do to Our Friends A clever and playful contemporary cosy mystery by Cobh-based debut author, the talented Alice Bell.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment