276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nothing Fancy: Unfussy Food for Having People Over

£14£28.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Roman] could offer a master’s program in Approachable Recipe. . . . [ Nothing Fancyis] a manual not just for dinner, but for life.” — The Washington Post Roman has said the book contains advice and recipes for an "attainable" life rather than an "aspirational" one. [6] Reception and accolades [ edit ] I would love to try the Buttered Salmon with Dill (also here: https://joanne-eatswellwithothers.com...) and Scallops with Tomatillos, but alas, there is a hold on the book at the library . . .

Alison Roman Recipes — Alison Roman

Michele Moses recommended the book to readers of The New Yorker, writing: "Part of the appeal is her grasp of her audience: the financially unsteady millennial generation, which has turned “nothing fancy” into an aesthetic choice." [8] Moses also discussed the accessible persona cultivated by Roman in the book, and highlighted tips accompanying certain recipes that expressed annoyance with some expectations held by guests. Moses refers to Roman as "libidinous and a little bit mean," contrasting her with the "prim and gracious" personas of Ina Garten and Martha Stewart.Recipes with photos: Nearly 100 percent of the 125 or so recipes in this book have corresponding photos. No fewer than 33 of those photos feature pristinely manicured red nails (on fingers spooning caviar from a tin, plopping an uncooked yolk on top of kimchi-braised pork, squeezing lime over blistered shishito peppers). Nothing fancy! a b Sodha, Meera (30 November 2019). "Best cookbooks and food writing of 2019". The Guardian . Retrieved 14 July 2020.

Alison Roman Nothing Fancy Chile Chicken With Pineapple Recipe - Alison Roman Nothing Fancy

Nothing Fancy] exemplifies that classic Roman approach to cooking: well-known ingredients rearranged in interesting and compelling ways for young home cooks who want food that looks (and photographs) as good as it tastes." -- Grub Street

Whitney, Christine (8 November 2017). "Alison Roman on Milk Chocolate, Clogs, and the One Lip Stain That Never Comes Off". The Cut . Retrieved 14 July 2020. Spicy pork meatballs in Brothy Tomatoes: These meatballs were tasty but dry--I used lean ground pork, which was a mistake. I would make these again with half ground beef and half pork, using half the amount of fennel seeds. (I don't love fennel or anchovies, two ingredients that take center stage in this book.) Also available here: https://www.today.com/recipes/alison-...

Nothing Fancy: Unfussy Food for Having People Over

Nothing Fancy's recipes are on-trend but unpretentiously so. . . . Most relevant of all is Roman's attitude toward hosting: that all of us can do it, that we should embrace the imperfections of our plans, and that it's more fun to try than to stress. . . . Roman is leading the charge in revitalizing the art of gathering your community around the dinner table." -- Eater Chittal, Nisha (14 October 2019). "Millennials have dinner parties, they just don't call them that". Vox . Retrieved 14 July 2020. Nothing Fancy’s recipes are on-trend but unpretentiously so. . . . Most relevant of all is Roman’s attitude toward hosting: that all of us can do it, that we should embrace the imperfections of our plans, and that it’s more fun to try than to stress. . . .Roman is leading the charge in revitalizing the art of gathering your community around the dinner table.” — Eater IACP AWARD FINALIST - NAMED ONE OF THE BEST COOKBOOKS OF THE YEAR BY The New York Times Book Review - The New Yorker - NPR - The Washington Post - San Francisco Chronicle - BuzzFeed - The Guardian - Food Network

Customer reviews

Nothing Fancy” has served me as Roman intended. At a Sunday dinner that started two hours later than planned, I put out her labneh dip with sizzled scallions and chili, and everyone declared it “bomb.” On a weeknight, I made her “Casual Apple Tart with Caramelized Buttermilk” for my roommates (the people I’m always “having over”), and they called it the best apple pie they’d ever had. But my favorite discovery is her “Perfect Herby Salad”: half lettuce and half herbs (parsley, cilantro, tarragon, mint), drizzled with lemon, olive oil, and, of course, Maldon. Like many of her best ideas, it has a why-didn’t-I-think-of-that simplicity. Roman makes food more interesting. . . . [ Nothing Fancy] has a why-didn't-I-think-of-that simplicity." -- The New Yorker Nothing Fancyis like an all-access pass to [Roman’s] stunning-yet-relaxed recipes.” — HuffPost,“Best Cookbooks to Give as Gifts” a b Reynolds, Megan (22 October 2019). "Alison Roman Is More Than #TheStew". Jezebel . Retrieved 14 July 2020.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment