276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pokenatomy An unofficial Guide (black cover edition)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Some spelling issues (omnivorous pops up as omniverous at times), and also Pinsir's behavior description seems to stop abruptly in mid-sentence. We know that it can get difficult to compile all the Pokemon stories by yourself, so we have done it for you. Get your copy today and embark on an adventure that will leave you saying, “I choose you, ‘Pokenatomy’! Well, now you can, as artist,Christopher Stoll has unveiled the anatomies of Pokémon characters in his new series of illustrations –‘PokeNatomy’. Der Kauf hat sich gelohnt, auch wenn das Buch wie man auf dem Bild sehen kann unten gewellt bei mir ankam.

This Kickstarter-Exclusive 8”x10” book is over 300 pages long and contains all of the original 150 Pokémon, with full page anatomical illustrations for each Pokémon as well as detailed descriptions of their biology, behavior, and abilities.All trademarked images and names are property of their respective owners, and any such material is used on this site for educational purposes only.

For those Pokémon fans who wonder just how Pikachu conducts electricity or Bulbasaur sprouts, artist Christopher Stoll has (unofficial) answers for you. My 8 year old really enjoyed looking at it as well, and the whole family has had many interesting discussions, thanks to this book. It really needed another edit, and its information often contradicted established Pokemon lore, real-world biology, and its own newly-created "facts".

Another artist, RJ Palmer, draws realistic Pokémon and even recently created new Pokémon based on evolution. I envisioned this communal organism, like a Portuguese man-of-war, where each individual egg performed a specific function. This book goes through all Kantonian Pokémon through the lens of a biologist, dissecting them to see all their squishy insides. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. For anyone who has ever dreamed of peering beneath the surface of the Pokemon world, “Pokenatomy: The Unofficial Pokemon Anatomy Book” is a must-have addition to your collection.

The images are incredible, showing off the wonderful science and nature of the original 151 Pokemon. I try to resist that urge wherever possible, and in those cases where hard-science is unavailable I try to present interesting and alternative perspectives on these characters based on the theoretical rather than the outright fantastic. I’ve always had a love of biology and the natural world, and much of Pokénatomy’s inspiration came from my previous work, the anatomical art-book bestiary A Natural History of the Fantastic. To celebrate I'm releasing a new creature from this collection every day for the entire Month of February.

For the sake of the project, I’ve found myself thumbing through books on botany, herpetology, exotic fish, and even embryology.

She also moderates “science of” panels at conventions and co-hosts Star Warsologies , a podcast about science and Star Wars. I’ll have all three of my books for sale, along with tons of fan-art anatomy posters and other goodies!The Kickstarter has some interesting tiers of rewards, but we would honestly opt in for the “Hardcover tier”. The illustrations are second to none and the information on the anatomy of the Pokémon is very engaging and interesting, positing some very unique theories on what makes these guys tick. So for the sake of the project, I’ve found myself thumbing through books on botany, herpetology, metaphysics, and even embryology. Drawing them is not the difficult part, the challenge for me is conceptual,” Stoll told Bored Panda.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment