276°
Posted 20 hours ago

This Old Dog [VINYL]

£11.445£22.89Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Comprised of various labels we know and love at Rough Trade (Bella Union, ATO, Speedy Wunderground, Phantasy, Heavenly, Mute and more) PIAS [Recordings] filter through some of the most diverse artistry to our racks, which we greatly enjoy digging into. Steam Mops – Cleaning with steam mops makes cleaning icky messes a breeze, but when it comes to your vinyl flooring, steam is best avoided. Due to the ombre vinyl pressing, you will receive your LP on yellow vinyl, yellow / blue vinyl, green vinyl, green / blue vinyl OR blue vinyl.

Act Fast – Whether your puppy had an accident on your carpet or your wooden flooring, cleaning up as quickly as possible is essential. Being in any sort of spotlight can be jarring, especially when you're not preoccupied with touring and you're just sitting in your house writing songs. Scrub the Stain – Being gentle is key here; if you scrub too hard, you’ll damage your vinyl flooring.

Lucky for me, I can make a good digital transfer by enlarging the center hole and using noise reduction. Ombre edition (colors run from yellow to blue; see photo) limited to 4000 copies in alternate cover. It's reasonable to say I shouldn't put in the effort anyway, but I can waste my own time if I feel like it.

Mac Demarco has a certain cachet as a happy-go-lucky slacker, with campfire atmosphere to spare and chorus pedals set to stun, somewhat in the manner of a millennial Cat Stevens. In “Moonlight on the River,” Mac DeMarco talks about his dad who abandoned him and his Mom because he was an addict and an alcoholic. Speaking of roots, while it's known that DeMarco's family history is complicated at best, the songs here may be the closest glimpse into his personal life and relationships with his kin he's ever allowed.

Vinyl records are a unique collectable form of music, they are fun and offer a great listening experience. Certainly the lazy charm and laid-back goofiness are present and correct here, but 'This Old Dog' displays a genuine reflective depth and emotional resonance.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment