276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Princess Ever After (The Rosewood Chronicles)

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This beautiful, heart-warming story is a tale of two princesses who fall in love, accepting each other's faults like no one else in their world was able to do before. Sadie, imprisoned in a tower not with bars, but by the very force of her fear and insecurities; Amira, born in a royal family where her only ambition is supposed to be being married to a prince and produce royal babies. While there is nothing bad with that intrinsically, Amira knows that it's just not her destiny: she doesn't want an easy life, she wants a chance to prove her value to herself and the world; and also, on the way, to find true love. Which brings me to WHY? Why on Earth would Vladric end up as Sadie's adviser? Surely he can't because he belongs to the royal family of another kingdom, right? It's not a job that just anyone can apply for, is it? Because then anyone from any kingdom could be advising the Queen, right? I don't know, this book makes no sense. It doesn't even attempt to make sense. also we never got to hear the conversation between sayuri and haru once the final battle(?) was fought, i am invested in all of banshee so would've loved that... They're still reeling from their discovery that someone rather close to home is leader of Leviathan - the group determined to take the princess down at any cost.

a b "Comics | Strangely Katie". 1 April 2016. Archived from the original on 1 April 2016 . Retrieved 8 September 2019. This felt like the most shallow and uncreative way anyone could have ever tried to talk about these topics. This wasn't even a discussion. The author just plopped these things into the story without actually doing anything with them. They're mentioned and then these problems just get fixed almost instantly. I could even see how this could be interpreted as offensive, as if the author is just brushing aside these issues and showing how "easily" they can be fixed. This book feels akin to when someone tells a depressed person to "just be happy" or an anxious person to "just stop worrying". It's not that easy, but apparently in Princess Princess it is. Hm. O'Neill, Katie (7 September 2016). Princess Princess Ever After. Oni Press. ISBN 978-1-62010-341-8.Amira is not here for heteronormativity and she's learning what it means to be a hero. The adventures she has with Sadie and then later with both Sadie and prince Vladric show her that she still has a few things to learn.

i do wish this book was longer, because it felt like a nonstop marathon of events happening, and it would have been nice to just slow down a little. the ending was incredibly cheesy, and while i couldn't help but cringe at times, i'm happy with the way things ended.I like that this book covers many themes, but for me, I don't think that these are portrayed within the characters enough. Some of it was very 'cute', and things could have been developed more.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment