276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Clynelish 14 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky | 46% vol | 70cl | Coastal Highland Whisky with Island Style | Single Malt Whisky | Best Served Neat | Long Finish

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I very much enjoyed this bottle and am old and ugly enough to remember the terrible decline in quality we suffered in the 80’s. There's no doubt that this is a single malt scotch, fresh Scottish air carries the aromas of the surrounding sea. Clynelish’s ‘comprehensive upgrade’ will include a new bar and tasting area, as well as improved landscaping around the distillery. Without limiting the foregoing, the License does not include (a) the right to resell or use the Service commercially (unless explicitly allowed under the applicable subscription plan), (b) the right to make the Service publicly available or use for public display, (c) any downloading, duplicating, or copying, collection and use of any contents of the Services, e. No need for just one Clynelish per sitting if you have time in the next morning to wake up without an alarm clock.

You shall not contribute any discriminatory, racially offensive, abusive, offensive, threatening, intimidating, inaccurate, incomplete, obscene, profane, harassing, or illegal material and/or Contributions, or any other Contributions that infringes, or may infringe, or violates or may violate, any third party’s rights, including intellectual and industrial property rights, rights of privacy and publicity. Originally part of Diageo’s ‘Hidden Malts’ range, the Clynelish 14 Year Old is a Highland single malt with a distinct coastal influence - thanks to its location on the east coast. As I continue to sip, the candied flavors settle down and evolve into deeper, richer flavors of light peat, honeydew, and floral notes. Slightly floral and sweet, with lilies, roses, icing sugar, Turkish delights, white wine, champagne, grapes, some lemon, snuffed candles, brine, with a hint of vanilla pods, and then becomes slightly herbal over time, with hints of thyme.Nose: Classic zesty, waxy and mineral aromas, accompanied by toffee and honey, melted butter on toast and a whiff of marshmallows. We may, but are not under any obligation, to release new functionalities and tools or other features for the Service every now and then. Brora made heavily peated whisky in 1969-1973 for blending, covering a shortage of Islay whisky caused by a drought.

Taste: Soft , initial salt from coastal malt , slight smoke , touch of powdered sugar then becoming zesty, juicy oak. Any investment and purchase made, or action(s) taken based upon (information in) the Service may and will involve significant risk (such as, but not limited to loss, total loss). Regardless of whether the Service offers the functionality to contribute, you are solely responsible and liable for any content and information that you create, upload, post, publish, link to, duplicate, transmit, record, display or otherwise make available on the Service or to other Members, such as chat messages, text messages, videos, audio, audio recordings, music, pictures, photographs, text and any other information or materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (“Contributions”). This taste balances out the savoury peat, smoke, and the caramel sweetness to give it a refreshing note.Fruity: pears, apples, wax, saw dust, orange peel, wood and a “hint” of that Brora tone (mustard) but you really have to look for it. Yet today, only a tiny percentage is marketed as a single, the remainder being allocated to the Johnnie Walker Gold blend. I am looking forward to going back in about 6 mos and re-doing a bottle of that simply for scientific significance. And while that expectation wasn’t exactly met, this is still a very good whisky, complex yet accessible.

The finish retains some fruitiness like green apple, but features much more herbal notes, sea salt, and more faint peat. If you terminate your account, you will no longer have access to the Service and your Contributions (specified below), if any. I realize that not every bottle is the same, but based on my site reviews, I think an average of 83 is too low. I find it very similar to the Clynelish 14 yr - however it's a tad bit more "dry", a pinch more salt, and a fairly short finish. The Clynelish distillery shares terrain with that other distillery, long closed and enjoying a near cult status, Brora (founded in 1819 under the name Clynelish).salt and honey bound, giving a pleasant sharpness to the sugars while the oak plays a weighty role: the base, alongside what seems like a shard of smoke. The finish is medium long on apples and tropical fruit, but both smoke and wax run off with the medals. Well, this is the whisky that taught me about texture, and I didn’t know a thing about that famous ‘waxiness’ back then. V. is the Dutch private limited liability company, having its statutory seat in Rotterdam, The Netherlands and its office at Zwaanshals 530, 3035 KS Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Strange that you used a quote from The Thing on the Doorstop as a compelation of this with some of H.

Caithness and Sutherland were the scenes of the most brutal of these clearances, the perpetrators The Duke (and especially Duchess) of Sutherland and their estate managers. Clynelish distillery got my attention last September when we held a Compass Box tasting with our local whisky society. This regime would help to produce a fruity spirit were it not for what happens in the feints receiver. This "gum eating" sensation happens with a few other brands of scotch, such as the cheaper Achentoshans. Oh, there is a wee bit of a burn - BUT so much taste - sweet - dark - full - that some icing down does it NO harm!The finish is perhaps the weakest link in the Clynelish chain, aside from the astringent mouth feel around the teeth and gums. The Service and your account are for your personal use only and may not be shared with any third parties.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment