276°
Posted 20 hours ago

You Are Awesome: Find Your Confidence and Dare to be Brilliant at (Almost) Anything

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

To keep her mind challenged, she sat on her front porch and memorized the license plates of cars driving by. She was craving mental challenge. So she found a safe space where she could satisfy it silently. The story that really stood out to me was the one from his scholarship donor that was apart of the Harvard School of Business, where he told Pasricha "Find small ponds so you can be the big fish." What an interesting perspective; and for a college student wanting a job in a business related field it was something I had never thought about. Of course we want to work for the biggest and best companies, but we are all competing for those jobs, where we wouldn't do much work. Why not take the risk and be the big fish in the small pond and bring a business up from bankruptcy. It's a difficult job but it was interesting advice. She added a dot-dot-dot to her story throughout her upbringing. Creating games to memorize license plates. Extra studying, extra homework, whenever it fit in after the cooking and cleaning. Well, what’s up with this crazy farmer is that he has truly developed resilience. He has built up his resilience. He is resilient! He’s steady, he’s ready, and whatever the future brings we all know he’s gonna stare it straight in the face with eyes that scream, “Bring it on.” Today we need to learn the skills the farmer had in spades. And we need to learn them fast. Volatility, uncertainty, and complexity is accelerating. Change? Constant. Latest disruption? Getting disrupted. Meanwhile relationships will always spin and swerve … and life always, always, always has other plans.

You Are Awesome — Neil Pasricha You Are Awesome — Neil Pasricha

We need to take all the uncertainty and failure and change coming at us and use it as momentum that slingshots us forward and forward and forward. Growing up the youngest of eight kids in a small house off the downtown core, she was quiet, shy, and always the baby. If you want to hang out without social media algorithms in between us (no offence, algorithms! please don't punish my search results!) then join the thousands and thousands of good-hearted kindred spirits globally who get my newsletters. I put a lot of work into my newsletters -- they're sort of my weird digital babies -- and they contain my book recommendations, my new articles, my podcasts, and, of course, my daily awesome things (which I've been writing for 15 years now!). Sign up at www.neil.blog/newsletters For most of us famine, plague, economic depression, and other life-threatening catastrophes are the stuff of history books. A playful, yet powerful path from anxious to awesome. Pasricha blends science, story and a healthy dose of humor to deliver tools and strategies that cultivate resilience in a world that’s never needed it more. Read You Are Awesome now!”A period means giving in to life’s circumstances, relenting in the face of things that look immovable, things that look impossible, things that look too painful. That East Indian class included my mom’s dad who moved from Lahore, India, to Nairobi in the 1930s to help build the railroad. The farmer knows that what happens in life only serves to help him see where he is and decide which way to go next. With all the world throws at us, resilience is now a precious commodity, and it’s the underpinning of this terrifically helpful book by Neil Pasricha. ‘You Are Awesome’ is more than a boost for your self-esteem, it’s a perspective-setter for failure and success, and an homage to the amazing reserves of the human soul.” The Brits took over Kenya in the late 1800s and the country didn’t gain independence until the mid-1960s so it was very much a British-ruled country when my mom was born. White people running the show. White people running the government. White people running the best schools.

You Are Awesome: How to Navigate Change, Wrestle with F…

A playful, yet powerful path from anxious to awesome. Pasricha blends science, story and a healthy dose of humor to deliver tools and strategies that cultivate resilience in a world that’s never needed it more. Read You Are Awesome now!” Pasricha writes with compassion and proactivity and reminds us that we are all works in progress. Sometimes self-help books can help you feel heard but not really have a plan, or make you feel like you are being talked down to and make you just feel worse. You Are Awesome contains straightforward steps that make you feel less alone but also help you move FORWARD. I was immediately drawn into You Are Awesome because of how relatable the writing is. Neil Pasricha is charismatic and resilient and the writing is conversational like you are talking with a good friend. No one knows ‘awesome’ like Neil Pasricha, and here he explores how we can make our very lives more awesome. With real-life stories and a conversational style, he shows how we can move forward in the face of challenge to make our days more intentional and joyful.” Even worse, the culture compensated men further by providing a dowry. What’s a dowry? I didn’t understand it growing up but a dowry is an ancient and archaic gift given by the bride’s parents to the groom’s parents to say, “Thank you for taking our daughter off our hands.”What we need to hold onto in our hearts is the quiet courage to simply change the punctuation. What we need to hold onto is the idea that resilience means seeing the free will that exists just past the period.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment